IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How many cars @ Kokomo Sunday?
5/24/15, 11:00 PM   #41
reeserx

thats why this is Indianas baddest bullring!! Racing quality is untouchable here!

5/24/15, 11:09 PM   #42
Re: How many cars @ Kokomo Sunday?
Pat O'Connor Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by team3521 View Post
Can't decide where to go Sunday? Don't want to go watch 12 cars race.
Now aren't you glad you went ?!

5/25/15, 12:26 AM   #43
DirtHawk92

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 8

slide jobs on high side of turn 1 into 2 did Justin Grant in.... Bounced back right rear off wall twice 3rd time bit him and damn near climbed turn 2 wall/fence... Was right up there battling with top 4... Babcocks car looked to b in baaaaaad shape!! From spill think it took 2 others out also... Tmez left track right after that... Not for sure?? Coons too?? The finish almost sounds like what was at TSS only it was KTJ & Clauson instead of B Short & Cummins... Just nosed BC!! Shoutout to KTJ for holdin him off though!!! WOW he was comin at him with everything!! Noticed in Heat that CJ Leary could put his car bout anywhere he wanted so knew he would b a handful at the front!! Just a really exciting race... I'll take Sprints over Indycar racing anyday of the week!!! Also Kyle Simon didn't finish he might've got caught up too.. But 1st time @Kokomo and made feature with this crowd of racers... Nice job young man!! Worth ur trip!!

2 members like this post: racegal, reeserx
5/25/15, 12:52 AM   #44
Justigit

We know now why this race is called the Kokomo Klassic. It couldn't have been more fitting tonight. Great field of cars, fans and racing!
Early on it looked like the cushion was the place to be as a 6 car pack led the early pace with Cottle showing the way.

But it wasn't long before K.T. started making his move and bringing Leary with him. Grant made a track to the front as well, but a bang off the cushion in turn two left his mount damaged and coasting to the pits. That brought out a yellow and tightened up the field.

After the restart it wasn't long before Darland also slammed the cushion in turn two and nearly flipping but recovered and after dropping a few spots moved to the bottom. Thomas grabbed the lead with Leary chasing and in Klassic Bryan Clauson style he started his move to make it a three car battle for the lead.

It was anybody's guess how this was going to play out with Thomas at the top and Clauson on the bottom and Leary reeling them both in. And as they exited turn two for the finish Leary bobbled just a bit on the cushion which left a race to the checkers with Thomas entering turn 3 and 4 on the wall and Clauson cutting the corner to the checkers on the bottom side by side. In the end Thomas picked up the win with Clauson 2nd just inches short. Leary held on for third and Darland brought it home for a 4th place finish.

That was an Amazing race tonight ! As always thanks goes to all those that make it happen.

5/25/15, 12:54 AM   #45
treecitytornado

I wanna say thanks to Jarrod and all the Kokomo Speedway staff for making my first full night on the new Kokomo all it could be. Started off 3rd quick in our group and had some issues with setting bleeders with a new digital gauge. So we gained too much and missed the transfer by a nose. Had a great race in the B; with Josh Spencer and Joe Bares and made the car better on the yellow, but was still too free with the bleeder issue. We will get that lined out and definitely be back to Kokomo to have some fun again! Thanks to all the fans that came out and packed the place too! That was awesome!
Thanks again,
J.T. Stapp
Last edited by treecitytornado; 5/25/15 at 12:55 AM.

5/25/15, 1:31 PM   #46
Speedracer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7cG9SCGPNk

There are a couple other videos on the Channel

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, racegal
5/25/15, 2:58 PM   #47
Tumey's 55

Great night at Kokomo with the Klassic high low battle. The cushion was as tough as I have seen at Kokomo and it bit everyone, including DD which just doesn't happen at Kokomo. KT Jr was the only exception and he needed near perfection to hold off BC. Had it not been for a couple of cautions I think BC would likely have won...but hard to say. The cautions interrupted BC's rhythm and seemed to reenergize KT Jr as he really hung it out the last few laps to stay in front of BC who was charging on the bottom. Very enjoyable night of action.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, DirtHawk92, dirtnonwingfan, racegal, rapid robert
5/25/15, 4:14 PM   #48
i love dirt track racing

Great racing events Sunday. Indy 500 and kokomo Sunday double. Both great racing events and had a great time at both events. Great to see 2 bus loads of clauson fans pulling into kokomo speedway. Not all of them has ever been to a dirt track racing event and hopefully we will get some new dirt track racing fans. Thanks bc for the memories and hopefully next year you will have 4 bus full of fans pulling into kokomo. Thanks

5/25/15, 7:32 PM   #49
dsc1600

I've seen 3 races at Kokomo and they've been about the 3 best non winged shows I've ever seen. Just an incredible track.

4 members like this post: DirtHawk92, rapid robert, reeserx, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > How many cars @ Kokomo Sunday?