IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Races this weekend
5/18/15, 1:28 PM   #11
Re: Lightning Races this weekend
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjones752 View Post
On the other hand (to paraphrase Eddie Murphy) "Once you been in a race car with no wings, you may never go back!"
Jim

You might want to try a wing on for size sometimes. Maybe not as pure as without wings>>>but then if you wanted to be pure you wouldn't be sitting under that cage thing either. Wings are just another way of doing what you want to do>>>Maybe just a little faster than you are used to ....BUT also a little safer.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 5/18/15 at 2:09 PM.

1 member likes this post: RoyaltonMiniSprint
5/18/15, 6:03 PM   #12
jyoung8j

Well think we're considering trying a nw show this wkend to stay closer to home... we shall see how Friday night goes first..

5/18/15, 6:47 PM   #13
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Dad, I'm worried about what that thing would do if I got turned around; haven't you been watching Indy practice?
(All kidding aside, wishing a speedy recovery to James Hinchcliffe)
Anyway, my old 'zook is way too big to run with the "National" rules groups, dontcha know?
Besides, I like being sideways...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 5/18/15 at 6:49 PM.

5/18/15, 9:54 PM   #14
lucky 4

Waynesfield has mini sprints on there schedule this week

5/18/15, 9:57 PM   #15
17B

Non wing on Saturday at Chandler then winged Sunday at haubstsut

5/19/15, 3:48 AM   #16
jyoung8j

17B Yea thats what we were considering doing... Long drive but was really looking at it.. Unfortunately something has come up that we forgot about and will only be racing friday night at jackson county speedway.. Pretty excited we almost pulled off a w with kids first time in car.. so excited to see what happens this week.. For what ever reason waynesfield is off..

5/19/15, 10:01 AM   #17
hoscalecody

I agree with Montpelier last year we was going to run US 24 with AMSA and we was staying in Kokomo with my aunt and US 24 kept canceling so we was making trip back to Hhio remembered Montpelier allowed mini sprints and I did pretty good squirrelly at first but got hang of it pretty good we was on a 03-04 gsxr on pump gas but made a mistake and put my self in the wall coming to white flag in the heat, 1 spot out of transfer, I sure was surprised that i wrecked out of the heat and still got $75. Also I think no doubt non-wing is a whole lot funner.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lightning Races this weekend