IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Toledo silver crown
5/2/15, 2:38 AM   #11
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbaldwin View Post
@USAClive: Kody Swanson wins tonight's "Rollie Beale Classic" at Toledo over Wilson Fike Coons Pierce Byrne Nemire Baumgartner Hines Norris...

Good race Kody Tanner Jacob were class of field. Coons from back to forth Nemire great first SC start didn't know he was 14 years old!
Just a question, I thought you had to be 16 to compete in usac events?

5/2/15, 1:08 PM   #12
Jbaldwin

I'm not sure on that either. Here's what I found online in rule book.

3.5 National Series Age
Before a person shall be eligible for a National license in the United States Auto Club (USAC), and participation in a USAC sanctioned race meeting, such person must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. A driver under the age of eighteen (18) years, but not less than sixteen (16) years of age, who has complied with Indiana Senate Enrolled Act No. 623, or like recognized ACTS of other States enabling partial emancipation of a minor, will be eligible for consideration by USAC for an annual membership/license(s) to compete in USAC National events. An age variance may be allowed for competition based on proven success and prior experience in developmental series at age 15 years and 6 months. An appeal must be made to the USAC Director of Competition, and in agreement with the Senior Vice President of competition, may be allowed to compete based on a review of USAC and other relevant competition racing experience. Eligible USAC series include USAC sprint car and midget National series. The age variance will not apply to events held under co-sanctioning bodies or tracks whose guidelines do not mirror that of USAC.

*edit he's 15. Went off of people behind me in stands that knew him on him being 14
Last edited by Jbaldwin; 5/2/15 at 6:50 PM.

5/3/15, 12:46 PM   #13
wbr

USAC has been allowing push starts on the half miles for the past couple years. You still have start and pull away for the feature or go to the tail.

Not sure on the age. I recall when Cole Whitt was too young to run the miles but could run IRP and the half miles.

5/3/15, 3:53 PM   #14
Re: Toledo silver crown
duel

That was some intense racing till the crash. Great race all in all. Good to see a decent field of sc cars on pavement.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Toledo silver crown