IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ocala sprint timetable moved back one day
2/17/15, 8:57 PM   #11
redracer75

Horsecrap

1 member likes this post: gtownplowboy
2/17/15, 9:09 PM   #12
1021gpa

Thanks usac and bubba why the hell do they need practice ? Oh well will drive home was gonna get to go Thursday but now that changed screw u usac

2/17/15, 9:21 PM   #13
Re: Usac: Ocala sprint timetable moved back one day
Stevensville Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Somebody fire Stevensville Mike from the Weatherman position
J/K
I swear to God, it is NOT supposed to RAIN after today. We are in Jacksonville tonight and it rained all day, but it is all supposed to pass.

This rolling it back a day is an odd one.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, gtownplowboy
2/17/15, 9:21 PM   #14
Hammer down

It's not like we are at the weekend track and can just drive home on Sunday. They keep this up and they won't get any cars let alone fans. Practice Thursday race Thursday.

2/17/15, 9:23 PM   #15
gtownplowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktime3 View Post
Yeah, everybody expects the track to take a big loss on Thursday fighting cold weather instead of using a make-up date they advertised and probably planned for.

And who's to say they even end up having practice on Thursday for sure? Maybe they just figure they'll let guys practice if it's ready and not make people sit in freezing temps, but if it's not ready they just scrap it and move on to Friday. They have had major track issues before after rains like today.

Makes sense to me...
Thats the risk you take when you are the one putting on the race. What I was saying is if the track is good enough to practice on they should try to get the race in. Skipped the chili bowl and used that money to come down from Indiana to support usac, my call, my loss. But it wont happen again. If the track is ready ,imo, they should race.If its not, then they should call it and move on with the rain date. Would be a lot easier to take that way. Done with my venting, and by the way Volusia will be running the w.o.o. late models and big block modifieds on Thursday an hour away from Ocala.They havent cancelled yet...

2/17/15, 9:40 PM   #16
redracer75

Last years Friday night show was rained out. They did not move to Sunday. My hmo is some teams did not look at the weather in between, and can't get there tomorrow. Too bad.

1 member likes this post: robert gatten
2/17/15, 10:53 PM   #17
racefan20

During the evening its supposed to be in the 30's low of 24 do you think a promoter up here would run in that kind of cold? The promoter is trying to avoid losing his butt. I cant really blame him.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2/17/15, 11:19 PM   #18
addictedtodirt

Makes sense to me. Best chance for the track to make a buck. I'm sure some of you would tuff out a Thursday show with temps in the 40s. Just not enough to justify the potential loss. I'm betting Sunday sales will top Thursday sales.

Good call Bubba and USAC.

2/17/15, 11:20 PM   #19
miwingless

Way to go USAC - you failed to control the weather again! Good grief people.

2/17/15, 11:21 PM   #20
Stevensville Mike

Do you think the promoter factored in he is now running the same day/night as the Daytona 500? I know most of us IOW fans could care less about the 500, but still.... there is that gate draw that he might have had with other fans that he will not have now.

Plan Bs for Wednesday/Thursday:

New Smyrna got rained out tonight. They are running a double show tomorrow (Wednesday). ACT Late Models and the John Blewitt III Memorial Modified race. Thursday, Super Late Models.

Volusia has SDS Big Block Modifieds Wednesday & Thursday, with UMP Late Models Wednesday & WoO Late Models Thursday (as stated before in this thread).

East Bay has ASCS 360 Winged Sprints Thursday.

Make the best of it, guys. We were planning on East Bay all along, for we have some business to take care of in Tampa to boot, but we feel bad for you up at Bubba's for the aforementioned inconvenience..
Last edited by Stevensville Mike; 2/17/15 at 11:23 PM.

1 member likes this post: interpreter66
Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Usac: Ocala sprint timetable moved back one day