IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lightning sprint fuel injection questions
12/24/14, 4:48 PM   #11
Re: lightning sprint fuel injection questions
deadhorse30

No. It's Jackson County in Ohio.

12/24/14, 5:28 PM   #12
Bradleyracing86

The age old injection argument. The stock box is untechable, unless everyone runs gas.

12/24/14, 6:03 PM   #13
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradleyracing86 View Post
The age old injection argument. The stock box is untechable, unless everyone runs gas.
????

When we started it was carburetors and that darned new electronic injection was going to put us all out of business (Too Expensive).

Then it was that darned mechanical injection it was going to put us all out of business (Too Expensive).

Nothing worse then a bunch of old wives sitting around worrying about what is going to ruin the program. Then they make some silly rule that only cost the racer more money and does very little to address the perceived problem.

We are lucky to be blessed with motors so perfected at the factory that there is little we can do to make them faster than they already are.

Merry Christmas Andy

Honest Dad himself

12/24/14, 6:55 PM   #14
cbhhms17439

Race Count This Year: 40
Race Count Last Year: 40

I understand I have been around these things since the beginning at 35 raceway when Keith built and ran the track I no a good set up with a good driver makes an incredible difference its just that I have run alcohol since the beginning and I am more comfortable with alcohol and yes I do understand alky will not turn my car into a rocket ship just prefer to run alky

1 member likes this post: DAD
12/24/14, 7:52 PM   #15
DAD

Would that be the old 35? Pre Tony?

Honest Dad himself

12/24/14, 8:38 PM   #16
cbhhms17439

yes it would be

12/24/14, 9:56 PM   #17
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbhhms17439 View Post
yes it would be
cb

That wouldmake you pretty old. We raced at Tony's first 600cc upright race up their. Ohio has always been the hot bed of rip roaring snorten hard farten bad a$$ race motors. Best I can figure it must be something in yous guys water or something I don't know. But I do know that we outrun them guys with a stock F-2 Honda on gasoline. With them mechanical injectors they could pull us on the start but we just perfected the first gear start and they didn't give us any problem. About all one can hope for when hot roding one of these motors is an ill running wicked sounding time bomb. Like the old AA Quarter Midget used to be.

If you guys stuck to stock motors with stock parts and allowed stock bore intake systems of any kind, naturally aspirated of course, not worry about the ECM. You would be much happier.

I have devised a port that can be installed in the valve cover over the intake cam lobe that you can check valve lift with in 5 mins or less.

You can drill and tap the crankcase just over the #1 cylinder and install an 1/2" X 10AN straight fitting with a cap that can be removed to bore scope the rods and crankshaft.

Checking bore and stroke with gauge bore scope piston crown shape and you are ready to go.

Checking Methanol for additives is easy, not so for gasoline. The best way to get a little more power is with gasoline and oxygenated additives that you can not check for at the track. A little U2 or 4 at $20.00 a gallon will get you a noticeable kick in the butt.

This is why I think that cars running gasoline should be made to weigh heavier than methanol powered cars.

Honest Dad himself:6::6:
Last edited by DAD; 12/24/14 at 10:41 PM.

12/24/14, 10:39 PM   #18
Bradleyracing86

Merry Christmas!

2 members like this post: Airsys, Avon Open Wheel fan
12/26/14, 9:09 AM   #19
cbhhms17439

you might say I am getting old I like to think instead of old as just getting wiser but my kids would probably agree with you the only time I start feeling old myself is when I am playing basketball with my son and grandson then I start feeling my age but I can still run a full feature ( A main ) without getting tired talking old how many sill call it a feature

12/26/14, 2:59 PM   #20
micro23

Should have gotten a MICRO!!!!

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > lightning sprint fuel injection questions