IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MODIFIEDS... How many sanctioning bodies???
11/13/14, 11:45 PM   #1
MODIFIEDS... How many sanctioning bodies???
lazyifoto

Modifieds , How many sanctioning bodies are there across this country??? I know of UMP, and is IMCA still out there ? how about WISSOTA? Bring them on How many ? Name them..

11/13/14, 11:55 PM   #2
Re: MODIFIEDS... How many sanctioning bodies???
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazyifoto View Post
Modifieds , How many sanctioning bodies are there across this country??? I know of UMP, and is IMCA still out there ? how about WISSOTA? Bring them on How many ? Name them..
AMRA, USRA, USMTS, NCRA, DIRTcar Big Block Modifieds (Northeastern U.S.),

11/14/14, 6:41 AM   #3
cmakin

USRA and USMTS are essentially the same entity. The USMTS is the touring series, while the USRA is the weekly, local sanction.

There are some other smaller touring series down here on the Gulf Coast. In the Houston area, all local tracks dropped the modified class in favor of the Limited (sport) Modified. The guys with mods have started up the Gulf Coast Modified Series and they finished their first year down here. Not sure how long they will last, though. Rules package mirrors USMTS/USRA.
Last edited by cmakin; 11/14/14 at 6:43 AM.

11/14/14, 10:19 AM   #4
wallbanger II

Add a.m.s. Amercian modified series

11/14/14, 11:20 AM   #5
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

NASCAR & Race of Champions Dirt Modified Tour

11/14/14, 11:22 AM   #6
Dick Monahan

Race Count Last Year: 26

If you're getting into the NorthEast, DirtCar has both big block and small block versions. There is the NASCAR Tour and the Valenti Tour, the Southern NASCAR Tour. There's at least one more Dirt group based in upstate NY, but I can't think of it. However, these are all big buck cars compared to the UMP cars I see in Indiana.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > MODIFIEDS... How many sanctioning bodies???