IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 6 days of USAC sprints in Florida
11/13/14, 1:44 PM   #21
Re: 6 days of USAC sprints in Florida
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
I hate FL in Feb and the other 11 months. It's a hot, sticky swamp. I went for a walk along the river in a pea soup fog this AM. That's my kind of weather.

I've been going to FL for the races since about 1973. When I took my kids, we did the amusement parks. I have no desire to see them again. I don't like beaches; they are hot and sandy and sticky.

The one great take in FL was Cape Canaveral, when it was active. The other is the Showman's Trade Show in Gibsonton. Unfortunately, it's earlier in the month and it's now $50 admission (it used to be free). The State Fair is on at that same time, so we're going to miss that, too.

Volusia's last race is usually the night before the Daytona 500, so that's out.

I'll bring my laptop and some books.
Sounds like to me you ought to just pass all together. I can't believe those silly sprint cars would be worth putting yourself through so much hell.

1 member likes this post: ThrowbackRacingTeam
11/13/14, 10:16 PM   #22
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

Sorry for any inconvenience for the 45 racers that had contacted me and was wanting to come to Florida from

Canada/Ma/VT/RI/NY/Pa/NJ/OH/In/Ill/Mo/Ky/Tx/Ok/Co/NC/Fl/Wis/Mi and race those that have already made motel reservations

please cancel. Again this was done by the track and not the Southern States Midgets Series Hope all has a good winter and a great 2015

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

11/14/14, 6:43 PM   #23
Wayne Davis

Race Count This Year: 38
Race Count Last Year: 68

11-14-14: Ok Racers...The SSMS home track of North Florida Speedway in Lake City Fl. is wanting to step up to the plate. I just received a phone call from Phil Guadagno owner of North Florida Speedway and he is wanting to fill in this HUGE void that happen, I will be meeting with Phil tomorrow and putting together details. It will be most likely the week before what we had scheduled and we the Midgets would be the "PREMIER" class with E-mods as a support class....I will have more and final details here on Sunday...If you can for all that was coming please post on here or my FB page https://www.facebook.com/WayneDavis92 your name/hometown/car#/track or series affiliation so we can show our support for North Florida Speedway and Phil and Liz....Thanks Wayne Davis... god is good!!!!!

http://www.northfloridaspeedway.com/index.htm

www.SouthernOutlawPromotions.com

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 6 days of USAC sprints in Florida