IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets Removed From Montpelier Schedule On October 11
10/3/14, 7:42 AM   #1
Midgets Removed From Montpelier Schedule On October 11
BrianBSU23

The Montpelier Motor Speedway Midget series has been removed from the Saturday, October 11th program. The class was added as a make up date to the traditional Outlaw showdown weekend. However, with the expected large car counts and fall temperatures, track officials did not feel they could adequately handle an additional class.

Scheduling for 2015 season with the Midget series is currently being looked at with events being more evenly distributed over the entire 2015 season. Officials will look to schedule Midget races routinely each month (1-2 each month) verses heavy months of April and September which will alleviate large schedule gaps during the summer months.

Thanks for your support and please contact Harold (number is on our website) with any questions.
Last edited by BrianBSU23; 10/3/14 at 7:45 AM.

1 member likes this post: racerjim2
10/3/14, 8:31 AM   #2
Re: Midgets Removed From Montpelier Schedule On October 11
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Bummer. Understandable, but disappointing; now I feel like I have unfinished business...
Looking forward to more improvement next season. Thanks to MMS for the support you've given this division and kudos for all of the facility upgrades to make the joint safer and racier at the same time.
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

2 members like this post: DAD, racerjim2
10/3/14, 9:15 AM   #3
DAD

Jim

Always next year>> Maybe a track down in Southern Indiana could partner with the MMS team and race on alternate weeks. The program seems to work pretty good. Maybe if we found a little smaller track that would give the chain gang a better chance against their bigger brothers. We have plenty of Midgets of all descriptions setting around now because they have become uncompetitive with the new Mega-Money teams. Even Power-I is in the process of moving out the smaller teams in favor of More power and money and prestige.

Maybe a track near Bloomington should pardner with the 305 racers and offer them a Saturday night race ever so often. (I was going to say "Non-Wing" but once they take them wings off it's hard to get them to put them back on.)

There are so many opportunities in racing now and so many classes of open wheel cars that we truly have what I call "COMPETITION" and "COMPETITION" can only make racing better for all of us.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 10/3/14 at 9:23 AM.

10/3/14, 10:12 AM   #4
jjracer636

What is the payout structure for the midgets at mms? On average how many cars show up?

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/3/14, 10:15 AM   #5
DAD

jj

Go to Montpelier's website, and check under Midget rules.

http://www.montpeliermotorspeedway.com/

Honest Dad himself

10/3/14, 11:13 AM   #6
jjones752

Car counts were a little down this year, low of 14, high of 27, but the weather had a lot to do with that; I think the decision to spread the Midget dates more evenly throughout the racing year is an outstanding idea, and will help with the growth and stability going forward.
That being said, I'm Jonesing to run one more time; anybody have anything positive to say about Bakersfield? the one in Indiana, that is. I know WAY too much about the one in California...

1 member likes this post: DAD
10/3/14, 11:16 AM   #7
DAD

Jim

We have raced there a couple of times, the track is small, the people are friendly, and racing close, You would like it>

Honest Dad himself

10/3/14, 11:20 AM   #8
jjones752

They just posted on their Facebook page that they cancelled tonight, but will be running next Friday, the 10th. Hmm...
How much would I need to change from my Montpelier setup?

10/3/14, 11:35 AM   #9
DAD

Jim

Just your gear and you could probably use a little more stagger. I would guess with you motor 12 to 12.5 should do it.

Honest Dad himself

10/3/14, 11:36 AM   #10
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

Well this is very dissapointing..

Tk

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Midgets Removed From Montpelier Schedule On October 11