IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 13 Midgets to start at Eldora
9/21/14, 1:38 PM   #1
13 Midgets to start at Eldora
wrtracing

Here is the starting lineup for today's midget race at Eldora:

Hines ------- Clauson
Hagen ------ Thorson
Bell ----------Abreu
Daum--------Windom
Bacon--------Drevicki
PriceMiller---Chapple
Cockrum

I wonder how many will be running at the end of the race?

Maybe if USAC took a little bit of the Honda money or a piece of Kevin Miller's huge salary and put it into the purse so it would be a minimum $500 to $750 to start there would be more cars show up on the big & small tracks. You would have to make sure guys weren't doing start & park but I am sure that could be figured out. It is time for USAC to quit screwing the fans & competitors!

Your thoughts?

WRT

8 members like this post: bighd0522, DaveP63, fishnman, mowerman, ossuks, SGreen, speed bump, team3521
9/21/14, 2:12 PM   #2
TommyBahama

Despite the low car count, the feature was incredible. However, you have to wonder if they can't get a few more cars how long will they be a part of the program?

Biggest crowd I ever remember for a Saturday night tho, and I've been going to the Four Crown since the early ones, and won't miss this race, favorite of the year.

2 members like this post: flagboy55, mowerman
9/21/14, 3:08 PM   #3
reeserx

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyBahama View Post
Despite the low car count, the feature was incredible. However, you have to wonder if they can't get a few more cars how long will they be a part of the program?

Biggest crowd I ever remember for a Saturday night tho, and I've been going to the Four Crown since the early ones, and won't miss this race, favorite of the year.
Really? I sat in turn 4 with a lot of empty seats, I didn't even have a reserved ticket because I got a pit pass and I figured I be asked to move. The main grandstand looked packed.

9/21/14, 3:42 PM   #4
55fan

If only POWRI would sanction sprints. We could stop bashing USAC and see a better program.

3 members like this post: bn kleen, dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97
9/21/14, 4:30 PM   #5
TommyBahama

We were in the main grandstand, that was as crowded as I've ever seen it

9/21/14, 5:00 PM   #6
Re: 13 Midgets to start at Eldora
sprntr

18 Midgets signed in. Darland lost a motor. What happened to Arndt, DiMattia, Babb and Meseraull?

Wish I could have been there. Stuck in Minnesota with a flat checkbook.

steiny

1 member likes this post: vitron
9/21/14, 5:19 PM   #7
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55fan View Post
If only POWRI would sanction sprints. We could stop bashing USAC and see a better program.
How any cars did powri have at Farmington this year?

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Clydesdale, fish, vitron
9/21/14, 6:48 PM   #8
chathamracefan

Didn't see any of the four crown, but I think Eldora had had a very good year with crowds. I went to both the dream and word100 and watched the kings royal on ppv. Crowds at both kings royal and world appeared near capacity and the dream crowd certainly felt bigger as we were more crammed in our usual seats than in the past.

9/21/14, 8:28 PM   #9
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtracing View Post

Hines ------- Clauson
Hagen ------ Thorson
Bell ----------Abreu
Daum--------Windom
Bacon--------Drevicki
PriceMiller---Chapple
Cockrum

Maybe if USAC took a little bit of the Honda money or a piece of Kevin Miller's huge salary and put it into the purse so it would be a minimum $500 to $750 to start there would be more cars show up on the big & small tracks. You would have to make sure guys weren't doing start & park but I am sure that could be figured out. It is time for USAC to quit screwing the fans & competitors!

Your thoughts?

WRT

The question is .....Why would someone give up part of their salary ? The master plan is in place...take all you can....as long as you can get it...take all you can....when the oil all runs out; fade into the sunset with enough cash to retire on!!! I think it is genius!!! Hurry up and get your 2015 license so the president can get his raise!!
Last edited by ossuks; 9/21/14 at 8:30 PM.

3 members like this post: fishnman, mowerman, wrtracing
9/22/14, 12:30 AM   #10
KMS2683

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrtracing View Post

Hines ------- Clauson
Hagen ------ Thorson
Bell ----------Abreu
Daum--------Windom
Bacon--------Drevicki
PriceMiller---Chapple
Cockrum

Your thoughts?

WRT
since 2000

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 13 Midgets to start at Eldora