IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirt in ur beer (Offline)
  #11 8/23/14 8:04 AM
I've been to a rainout that had 1heat completed . They deemed it to be halfway through the program and offered nothing. I still go to the track but only for sprint specials. I figure its buyer beware.
SOROKACH35FAN (Offline)
  #12 8/23/14 8:08 AM
i have found this to work, At most tracks. Send the ticket. With a self addressed stamped envelope. And a note. Policy doesn't say no refunds. Just no cash.
Motormasher (Offline)
  #13 8/23/14 9:25 AM
Not refunding money is BULLS#!+...if it rains out give the money back! You didn't get to see what you were promised or where paying to see.
That's why I don't even try to go to tracks more than 2 hours away.
Granite City got me 1 year and that was the only 2 times i ever got screwed.
rachasin (Offline)
  #14 8/23/14 9:35 AM
So all you guys that are out $25 !!!!
How much do you think the track has lost on the rain out????
6 Likes: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, cwfan08, fish, i love dirt track racing, jim goerge
  #15 8/23/14 9:43 AM
Hard to b a "hard core" race fan if u limit ur viewing area below 2 hrs. It doesn't matter where u live ! We know the risk we run when we head out . We always have a back up plan.
midget fan (Offline)
  #16 8/23/14 9:44 AM
For those of you who can't make it back to the Saturday make-up show could "pay it forward" by giving someone else the ticket to enjoy the rest of the races. Sometimes we need to think of others and not only ourselves.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, Haulerin2deep, racefan20, TBONE
Jerry Shaw (Offline)
  #17 8/23/14 10:17 AM
Come on guys. It's motormasher. What were you expecting? An insightful post? If I saw that I would notify local authorities, to report to them that his IOW account had been hacked.

Remember 5 O'clock Charlie on M*A*S*H? Motormasher's kind of like our 5 O'clock Charlie.

Jerry

A man is about as big as the things that make him angry.

Winston Churchill
3 Likes: Charles Nungester, FishBurger, jim goerge
Indy1808 (Offline)
  #18 8/23/14 10:24 AM
Anybody know where I can find the current points standings for king of hill?

Peace & love to all.
God bless our Troops at home and abroad.
INDY1808 SEE YOU AT THE RACES !
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
  #19 8/23/14 10:54 AM
OMG that's funny !! Great reference!!!
awon24 (Offline)
  #20 8/23/14 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by rachasin:
So all you guys that are out $25 !!!!
How much do you think the track has lost on the rain out????
What rain out are you referring too? Apparently Thursday night wasn't a rain out as they decided to violate there own rain out policy so they must be calling it something else. You must mean the half of show we saw on Thursday that got moved to this afternoon for some reason other than a "rain out" As far as I can see, they haven't lost any money from that. They have every single penny from Thursday night in their pocket. They lost $0. In the business world, you lose money when your revenue is less than your expenses. Now if Kokomo didn't have enough paying fans on Thursday, then they lost money but I don't see how that has anything to do with a rain out. The rain out happened half way through the show and I'm sure everyone that was planning on attending the show was already there and Kokomo go there $25 (which they still have). Could the weather have affected the attendance....quite possibly it kept it lower. But again, to say they lost money because of a rain out is quite absurd. Your theory seems quite off base.

Respectfully,
Aaron Miller