IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hope for PA? NW
8/9/14, 10:11 AM   #1
Hope for PA? NW
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Just seen where Path Valley are running Super Sportsmen, Which I think are the 358ci sprints Non Wing, Next Show Aug 15th

They are talking about every other week next year as in just three races its'grown to almost 20 cars and both the fans and drivers are loving it.

Fingers Crossed,

4 members like this post: jim goerge, mtek56, Ty, WinglessFAN
8/9/14, 2:51 PM   #2
larsonfan
Banned

The Super Sportsman is a wing class. They used to run at the Silver Spring Speedway, which sadly is now a shopping area. They were running the Grove on Saturday. As I remember them, they ran starters in a unique chassis that appeared bigger than a sprint car frame. They ran a small top wing with no front wing. The Spring used to get a ton of them. Not sure what engine they ran.

I'm surprised some track back in PA doesn't try a non-wing class. It's worked at Waynesfield.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/9/14, 3:03 PM   #3
Re: Hope for PA? NW
Charles Nungester

Thats what I meant, They've been taking the wing off once a month at Path Valley and plan for 2014 to be every other week Non Wing

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
8/9/14, 8:23 PM   #4
nowingsjeff

Race Count This Year: 5

The wingless Super Sportman deal is being spearheaded by Steve Wilbur, a long time runner in the Super Sportman division.

We went to the last show at Path Valley and it showed great promise. All they need to do is get a few more cars to show up, get the track a little heavier and handicap the fast guys to the back and they will be well on their way to producing the best racing in Central PA.

They have a Facebook page. Go take a look and like the page so you can stay informed about their endeavors. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Spor...glessCHATZONE/

They run Path Valley next Friday (8-15-14) again. If you live in Central PA and are a fan of non winged racing I suggest you support this show.
Last edited by nowingsjeff; 8/9/14 at 8:24 PM.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Charles Nungester, FALCONEDDIE, WinglessFAN
8/9/14, 10:37 PM   #5
Charles Nungester

1 member likes this post: WinglessFAN
8/10/14, 1:18 AM   #6
fish

Hope for Pa?

Get off the porch Chuck. The central Pa. area has the best weekly sprint car programs in the country.

2 members like this post: Bill May, Russ
8/10/14, 7:14 PM   #7
WinglessFAN

I've been to all 4 so far and I LOVE IT BECAUSE ITS WINGLESS SPRINTS IN PA ON FRIDAY NIGHTS ON A BULLRING.That only happens to me in June Eastern Storm. I for one hope the counts only get better for the long haul.I will not b missing the last 2 races for supers either hopefully fingers crossed they add another for October

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Ty
8/10/14, 7:58 PM   #8
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
Hope for Pa?

Get off the porch Chuck. The central Pa. area has the best weekly sprint car programs in the country.
Guess that's why we have hundreds cross Ohio to Indiana several times a year huh? and the stands are full at the USAC PA tour?

If you enjoy the winged stuff, Thats fine. Many don't. Been my experience with PA is that more are there to see the Big Block Mods and or LMs than the Winged Sprints.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 8/10/14 at 8:16 PM.

3 members like this post: FALCONEDDIE, Pine, Ty
8/11/14, 1:20 AM   #9
fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
Guess that's why we have hundreds cross Ohio to Indiana several times a year huh? and the stands are full at the USAC PA tour?

If you enjoy the winged stuff, Thats fine. Many don't. Been my experience with PA is that more are there to see the Big Block Mods and or LMs than the Winged Sprints.
It has nothing to do with liking or not liking winged sprints. It has to do with reality. And good for the people that come to Indiana to watch racing. Perhaps you should head to a big race in Pa. and see the people that come from all over for that.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but if you think an every other week stint by the super sportsman is going to turn Pa. into non-wing territory you are having a pipe dream.
Last edited by fish; 8/11/14 at 2:06 AM.

8/11/14, 7:38 AM   #10
Charles Nungester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish View Post
It has nothing to do with liking or not liking winged sprints. It has to do with reality. And good for the people that come to Indiana to watch racing. Perhaps you should head to a big race in Pa. and see the people that come from all over for that.

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, but if you think an every other week stint by the super sportsman is going to turn Pa. into non-wing territory you are having a pipe dream.
What the heck is your problem? I pointed out a place where some non wing fans can go see some non wing racing and you go on this pro wing rant.

Grow up, I wasn't suggesting a NW takeover of PA.

1 member likes this post: Ty
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hope for PA? NW