IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
old time Hoosier (Offline)
  #11 8/8/14 12:45 PM
Originally Posted by ISF:
Night 1 of The Knoxville Nationals saw Bryan Clauson race to a top 5 preliminary A-Main finish.

Hopefully this result locks BC into the Saturday night A-Main.

Good to see a guy who is primarily a wingless racer do well with the wing bolted on!
Excellent performance by Clauson and now his name is being mentioned along with Brown to fill the vacancy of Steve Kinser on the Tony Stewart WoO team next year.
2 Likes: speed bump, sprintsrule
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #12 8/8/14 1:06 PM
Good. Now he can run the roof next season. Who thinks Tony shuts down his usac operation when clauson leaves?

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
rclaridge (Offline)
  #13 8/8/14 1:37 PM
Originally Posted by old time Hoosier:
Excellent performance by Clauson and now his name is being mentioned along with Brown to fill the vacancy of Steve Kinser on the Tony Stewart WoO team next year.
There won't be an open seat, Steve is not retiring just cutting back his schedule.
4 Likes: jim goerge, PIT CART, SDHill89, speed bump
jim goerge (Offline)
  #14 8/8/14 2:11 PM
Originally Posted by monkeyboy:
Good. Now he can run the roof next season. Who thinks Tony shuts down his usac operation when clauson leaves?
I hate to say He will shut down his USAC team but it seems to me he has turned his back towards it. Whenever he talks about sprint cars its always about wings. Guess he has forgot where he got his start and in what kind of sprints. It sure wasn;t with a napkin holder on top!! I am not anti wings I just prefer wingless and three four abreast in turns
2 Likes: captrat, speed bump
Game Time (Offline)
  #15 8/8/14 3:29 PM
I think it is safe to say that BC will be running Outlaws full-time next year...
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #16 8/8/14 3:47 PM
I talked with a leading WoO official at Eldora and he said Steve will be running about 40 races with Stewart next year, mainly sticking to the midwest shows.
2 Likes: jim goerge, speed bump
staggerman (Offline)
  #17 8/8/14 3:52 PM
Great to see BC have a solid run last night. Heck with it being $5000 to finish 5th last night and $9500 to start the A main at Knoxville on Saturday I would say that is a good pay day for the weekend!

Last USAC Sprint Car Champion to also start the Knoxville Nationals A Main in recent memory was Steve Butler in the Stoops #1 back in 1987.
8 Likes: i love dirt track racing, jim goerge, monkeyboy, mowerman, Quick Change, speed bump, SpfldMile, spicoli
ThePurple73 (Offline)
  #18 8/8/14 6:45 PM
Originally Posted by staggerman:

Last USAC Sprint Car Champion to also start the Knoxville Nationals A Main in recent memory was Steve Butler in the Stoops #1 back in 1987.
I remember standing at the pit gate during the Nationals at Knoxville waiting for it to open. Looking at how much they had watered the track. A guy next to me said something about the track and I looked over and it was Rich Vogler. Must have been late 70's or possibly early 80's. I think he was driving the Seibert car.
2 Likes: jim goerge, Quick Change
openwheelfan1 (Offline)
  #19 8/9/14 1:54 AM
After tonight's racing at Knoxville, Clauson is 14th in points, so he is locked in to tomorrow's A main. He is the first reigning USAC champion to start the A main since Steve Butler in 1987 per the Knoxville announcers.
2 Likes: jim goerge, speed bump
bmemmer (Offline)
  #20 8/9/14 6:24 AM
Bryan will be running outlaws next year. If you have noticed he has increased his wing races the last two years. What else does he have to prove in usac? Nothing. Only thing that might throw a wrinkle in everything is the month of may with him running Indy. Now the question is, is it with smoke or with a different team. He won't have any problems finding a full time ride if that is what he wants to do. JMO though. Have a good weekend