IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help identifying older midget/mini sprint chassi
6/27/14, 7:01 AM   #1
Help identifying older midget/mini sprint chassi
Unlucky#9

Hello, I'm trying to identify this originally non down tube midget chassis that the PO added down tubes to and converted into a mini sprint chassis. It was sold to me claiming to be an ERC, but I have since disproved this claim and now I'm wondering just what it actually is. Any help would be appreciated, and my best guess would be that it's from the late 80's-early 90's going off of the vintage of the engine that came with it which was an 86-88 GSXR-1100.
Last edited by Unlucky#9; 2/24/23 at 9:46 AM.

6/27/14, 3:42 PM   #2
R.Drang

It kinda looks like a Canaday midget chassis

6/28/14, 12:00 AM   #3
Re: Help identifying older midget/mini sprint chassi
red70racer

Although every canaday was different, I don't remember the rear uprights behind the seat having bends in them. Canaday also had a sliding mount for the rear radius rods. Other than that it does look a lot like the Canaday I had, but so did the Genneten and who knows what else was built in the 80's
I think Richard & Jack are still in Lathrop Mo. I'd bet they could identify, or dispel weather they made it

6/28/14, 12:07 AM   #4
btownracer

It looks like the Competition Welding 1200 I started in. The battery box under the seat is exactly like what it had.

7/3/14, 7:43 AM   #5
Unlucky#9

Anybody else have an idea? I'm not finding anything that looks like the one I've got.

9/12/14, 7:26 AM   #6
Unlucky#9

TTT, Also if anyone is interested in it, shoot me an offer.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Help identifying older midget/mini sprint chassi