IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Race Ever at Plymouth Speedway
6/26/14, 9:05 PM   #1
Best Race Ever at Plymouth Speedway
Speedsme61x

If you missed it last night. You missed the best race this speedway has ever had!!!!
Congrads to Chad and Paul.

6/26/14, 9:08 PM   #2
Re: Best Race Ever at Plymouth Speedway
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

Best race we've seen anywhere this year .

3 members like this post: I Miss Manzy, loosewheel, speed bump
6/26/14, 9:28 PM   #3
racer-x

I don't think one person got up and left before the checkered flag.
Wednesday night Sprint car races are well attended in the north part of the state when promoted right like this event was.
I remember illiana having a wednesday night USAC race years ago and doller beers and the place was packed.

7 members like this post: dickster, fish, ICANCU, loosewheel, mowerman, nathans1012, speed bump
6/26/14, 10:37 PM   #4
robert gatten

you can see how close and hard fought it was on Jackslash.com. thanks shawn for your work.

3 members like this post: nathans1012, speed bump, Speedsme61x
6/27/14, 8:12 AM   #5
racerX

This was an awesome race with 4 cars going for the win with 3 to go. I know that the place has had its ups and downs but give them a break. they have been dirt for less than 1 1/2 years now and i have been to alot of tracks that have been in business for years and they can't make it perfect. Kokomo and the Oconners for sure are great at prepping a track but look how many years they have doing it. Plymouth is a very clean place for fans and drivers. I took my family and my wife said the bathrooms were clean and had hot and cold running water. And the food was awesome. bought a $3 kids meal for my son. Can't get that at McDonalds. Keep up the good work Plymouth and Staff all of us dirt fans love the place. Keep up the good work Plymouth.

6 members like this post: dickster, Koonzee, loosewheel, mowerman, OTSNWR, randy j
6/27/14, 9:07 AM   #6
sfracer55

We want to thank all the fans, drivers, and their crews for hanging with us for this great show! We were honored to host the event and with the number of racers that showed was simply humbling for us. A total of 86 cars entered the pits (33 410s and 53 600s).

I would like to thank MTS Sprint drivers for making the longer than usual haul to compete with us. All the drivers gave the fans 110% and it showed with the results.

As we get the new clay into the track surface, we expect even a better show possibly next year! We are already planning....

Thanks again everyone and we certainly appreciate our fans and drivers!

6 members like this post: EBookerFan, I Miss Manzy, loosewheel, mowerman, racer-x, randy j
6/27/14, 11:00 AM   #7
EBookerFan

With just 2 classes running, I thought an early evening ending to racing would be had. After a stroll through the pits and viewing all of the cars I changed my early exit thoughts. The racing was entertaining and with the wind out of the north, the dust stayed out of the grandstands. What a bonus. I certainly hope that the track can bring more sprint car racing to our area. Thanks for the show,

6/27/14, 11:52 AM   #8
Nate

I could do without the archery next time. Good to see people trying something different but I certainly think time could have been managed better. If Kokomo can put on a great show and have people home by 10 or 11 I would think Plymouth could do the same even with a big car turnout.

6/27/14, 12:15 PM   #9
jimmoore

want to say thanks to all that helped from the track crew to the ambulance crew and the doctors and nurses really nice and polite and was willing to help in any way it was a great night of racing even though we only got a half a lap in. been to the track two times and wrecked both times but if we can afford to come back we will and hope we can finish a nite with out puttin any parts on it before the race is over thanks again 1m racing

6/27/14, 6:33 PM   #10
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I was very tempted to do this but just couldn't justify the +3 1/2 hour trip because of work.
If they ever considered doing a Thursday night, I might be able to justify it and pull it off at work.
I could put in for Friday off work then combine it with running to Gas city on Friday then maybe the Burg Lps or a Sat.nite track.
Even without work factored in, it's tuff to do any major mileage between Midget week & Sprint week when my local bama station is charging $3.89!
Glad it all came off well however.
Congrats to the Hazen/Boespflug team
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing
Last edited by Indy1808; 6/27/14 at 6:36 PM. Reason: ad on

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, nathans1012
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Best Race Ever at Plymouth Speedway