IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Buckeye Machine BOSS Lawrenceb
6/8/14, 10:10 AM   #21
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Thanks everyone for another great night of racing! Looking forward to USAC Midget Week! Thanks again for everyone involved last night!
Last edited by Dave Rudisell; 6/8/14 at 3:37 PM.

6/8/14, 8:39 PM   #22
Re: Buckeye Machine BOSS Lawrenceb
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfan08 View Post
The boss series is def doing something right..38 cars at the burg, they had 42 at eldora..and this on big engine tracks.. They had 24 or so go with them when they venture farther away..sounds like you guys had a good show. They are coming to Montpelier on sept 6th def can't wait. Congrats to tmez on the win..

Tyler
I have had the opportunity to see about 5 or 6 BOSS shows. Aaron has done a great job putting this series on the map. I guess it just goes to show that if you work hard, show respect and thank your competitors, that owners & drivers will come to support your efforts.

I personally like that they start on time, run a timely program and put on a quality show for the fans. The open tire rule and no entry fees has also gained the series support from the owners and drivers. Some things a number of other series might consider as well.

I am also looking forward to the Montpelier show on September 6th. It should be a great venue for the BOSS series competitors to display their abilities.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: Charles Nungester, cwfan08, dkdorkboy, FALCONEDDIE
6/8/14, 8:55 PM   #23
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
For a couple years now IOW has been hearing blurbs and pieces about The Buckeye Outlaw Sprint Series, Some by Yours truly, Larsonfan, Sprintcarfanatic, Jazztrumbonist, Wrpdk and others who've been extremely pleased with the product Aaron Fry and his team and variety of racers put on a show, Provide a good car count and competitive racing throughout the pack.

Tonight was no different, I've seen about 9 BOSS shows and have never been disappointed in the product. A solid core with many track champions traveling within mostly a 150 mile radius of Chillicothe Oh with racers from five or six states competing at almost all events. OH, PA, MI, IN all represented tonight and sometimes WV and others.

Why does it work? Personal Contact, Open Tire Rule, No insulting entry fee, Contingencies, Paid heats and good competitive usually clean racing, Almost all of them know taking someone out puts them out and expects the same, However they race hard, real hard but try to keep it clean.

Nothing was more evident in competitiveness than heat two, Dickie Gaines grabbed the lead but the competition behind him was insane. Joss Moffatt, Magic Man Mike Miler and Mike *The Missle* Fischesser put on one whale of a show Miller and Fischesser swapped third and fourth about ten times during that heat and Fichesser in a bold move on the last lap came from fourth to second, only to end up fourth again. It was wild.

The heats were very competitive, at least the first three and then the track just kinda went away, It came back a bit in the consi's after a shot of water and packing during the redraw. TJ Heil came from deep to third in his consi and Bob McMilin who I don't think I've seen before put on a masterful run in consi two to finish third.

The feature although still good, was slick and dusty. I'll be honest. I still like the new track because its still fast when its slick but I also like seeing a track in which a driver can move forward with a cushion to lean on or drive off of. Don't get me wrong, I've seen some great shows on the slicks as well. It just was more a finess track than a wheel hiking track. I can honestly say while I seen the straights get slick often, Usually Burgs Corners have tons of bite. Id say it was far from the usuall as i've only seen it like that a handful of times in the past five or six years.

TMez took advantage of the one shot he had at passing Westerfeld, who'd built a straight lead before a lap ten caution, To pull a slider on lap 12 in turn one, take the lead and never be challenged. There was some great racing going on back in the pack. I don't think there was a line that wasn't tried by Landon Simon, who brought it home fifth. Tyler Courtney made great strides to grab fourth, Joe Ligouri ran a strong third. Westerfeld hung on for second and TMez with another epic victory lane interview brought home the win for the Stenslands Physical Medical Consultants team.

The Mods were good racing with Adam Hamilton pretty much in command for his victory but Shornick, Kramer and Holt battled hard throughout the race over second third and fourth.

The Street Stocks put on some killer racing in the heats, and put on a good feature.

Thanks to LBurg's staff, crew and the Rudisells for the HARF, DARF, BARC, SPARC2 night and Family Fun night, Seen a lot of kids in the stands, Sprint Feature was done before Ten.

Im cutting this one a bit short.................. So here's full prelim results and the final numbers are track points earned on each driver, Not $$$

Sprints - A Main
Finish Start Car Driver Hometown Points
1 4 41 Thomas Meseraull Indianapolis , In 150.00
2 2 89 Shawn Westerfeld Guilford , In 140.00
3 1 6RR Joe Liguori Tampa , Fl 130.00
4 8 21X Tyler Courtney Indianapolis , In 120.00
5 7 24 Landon Simon Tipp City, Oh 110.00
6 5 5J Joss Moffatt Columbus , In 105.00
7 3 4P Dickie Gaines Mitchell , In 100.00
8 14 4 Michael Fischesser Cincinnati , Oh 95.00
9 20 2M Logan Hupp Columbus , In 90.00
10 9 27A Shane Cottle Kokomo , In 85.00
11 11 57B Brandon Spithaler Evans City, Pa 80.00
12 6 21 Dustin Smith Russiaville , In 75.00
13 12 9T Jordan Kinser Bedford , In 70.00
14 17 12G Chris Gurley Hebron , In 65.00
15 15 32M Derek Hastings Forest , Oh 60.00
16 19 24M Adam Miller Spencer , In 55.00
17 16 04 Drew Abel Columbus , In 50.00
18 13 91X Aaron Middaugh Polk , Oh 45.00
19 10 82 Mike Miller Wapakoneta , Oh 40.00
20 18 14 Chad Wilson Toledo , Oh 35.00
21 22 5M Bob Mcmillan Wampum , Pa 30.00
22 21 13E Tj Heil North Bend, Oh 25.00
More Results

Modifieds - A Main
1 1 6H Adam Hamilton Aurora , In 150.00
2 4 77 Joey Kramer Hanover , In 140.00
3 3 23 Kyle Schornick Sunman , In 130.00
4 2 11H Pete Holt Covington , Ky 120.00
5 6 19 Andrew Corbin Independence , Ky 110.00
6 8 K12 Scotty Kincaid Rising Sun, In 105.00
7 14 1H John Holt Jr Florence , Ky 100.00
8 9 05 David Smith Richmond , In 95.00
9 15 7 Tony Mcvey Waldron , In 90.00
10 18 M1 Ryan Morton Middletown , Oh 85.00
11 13 53 Tyler Fojtik Cincinnati , Oh 80.00
12 12 77B Bub Balsley Hooven , Oh 75.00
13 7 07 Cory Skipton Lawrenceburg , In 70.00
14 5 70F Jim Fliehman Lawrenceburg , In 65.00
15 10 1AM Austyn Mills Alexandria , Ky 60.00
16 16 MJ23 Kris Johnson Dillsboro , In 55.00
17 11 K4 Chris Kruetzkamp Walton , Ky 50.00
18 17 43 Danny Teegarden Brooksville , Ky 45.00
More Results

Pure Stocks - A Main
1 1 37 Brandon Gibson Dry Ridge, Ky 150.00
2 3 92 Scott Hensley Aurora , In 140.00
3 17 55 Will Mcroberts Madison , In 130.00
4 13 12 Scott Beeler Louisville , Ky 120.00
5 14 04H Houston Roark Dupont , In 110.00
6 10 86B Jason Basham Henryville , In 105.00
7 12 56 Joel Andrews Hamilton , Oh 100.00
8 11 D7 Don Grace Rising Sun, In 95.00
9 6 14 Chris Combs Hamilton , Oh 90.00
10 5 21Z Mark Ziepfel Hamilton , Oh 85.00
11 2 5C Corebin Mcroberts Madison , In 80.00
12 4 39 Matt Wheeler Madison , In 75.00
13 9 146 Shannon Walp Paris Crossing, In 70.00
14 8 3D Dalton Baird Ross , Oh 65.00
15 16 89 Steve Upchurch Cincinnati , Oh 60.00
16 7 7 Andy Mefford Carrollton , Ky 55.00
More Results

Hornets - A Main
1 3 02D Dalton Roark Dupont , In 150.00
2 1 1/2 Matt Wheeler Cleves , Oh 140.00
3 8 51M Joe Smith Bradford , Oh 130.00
4 13 44 Pat Tully Moscow , Oh 120.00
5 15 9T Tyler Mcghee West Milton, Oh 110.00
6 14 52 David Baumgardner Lawrenceburg , In 105.00
7 9 39 Dave Cooper New Richmond, Oh 100.00
8 18 7C Sam Gigerich Aurora , In 95.00
9 17 15 Michelle Bischoff Ross , Oh 90.00
10 10 84Z Drew Thiel Burlington , Ky 85.00
11 11 89 Timothy Baird Ii Harrison , Oh 80.00
12 12 B2 Matt Gilardi Cincinnati , Oh 75.00
13 2 80 Brandon Caudill Madison , In 70.00
14 5 06A Andrew Roark Dupont , In 65.00
15 6 21C Chad Ackman Rising Sun, In 60.00
16 7 51 Tim Schumacher Milford , Oh 55.00
17 16 94 Brandon Alexander Madison , In 50.00
18 4 49 Gage Clark Cross Plains, In 0.00 DNS
Thank you for the great race report! I hate it when promoters post on the boards about how great a show is going to be. Then they forget to have the curtsey, to post their results. One track promoter, gets his free advertisement, then forgets his results every week.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, ossuks
6/8/14, 9:33 PM   #24
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinser11 View Post
Thank you for the great race report! I hate it when promoters post on the boards about how great a show is going to be. Then they forget to have the curtsey, to post their results. One track promoter, gets his free advertisement, then forgets his results every week.
Your welcome, However I do nothing anyone could do themselves in finding. I know several who won't even check a tracks website, for dates, times, prices, results etc...

The Results are available on the tracks website and a link posted to these very results on Speednet direct.

The promoters for put butts in the seats, One thing this site has helped with and most of the tracks bought advertisement on this site when it was sold. So Free isn't exactly true, I think its great to have most of the tracks with Promoters now who actually try about any and every option available to them. Trust me, I've seen lack of Effort, Most of those guys are no longer around and some of the tracks are gone.

I honestly write reviews of a night more for myself than anything, A snapshot *As it were* something i could check back on months or years later.

Since I've been doing them, Others have said they enjoy reading them. I've met people from as far away as NJ, California and TX. I in turn enjoy reading their thoughts and views as well

I try to see the positives in everything, However If something bothered me or was unpleasant, I'll mention it in a way that is only meant as constructive criticism, Not to insult anyone, not everything can be perfect all the time. If this were true, I think life would get pretty boring.

I had a great night overall last night, The racing, the people, The weather. Let the racers be serious on the track, Im there to enjoy myself

Looking forward to Sat 14th, USAC Midgets, LBurg Sprints and Mods

6/8/14, 10:44 PM   #25
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

The results are posted at speednetdirect.com right after the races. Unfortunately we have to work early Sunday morning cleaning up and working on the track, so a complete write up comes later. And I have been paying for advertising here on IOW for years now. And as always the best way to get results is come to the races!
Have a great week!

6/8/14, 11:31 PM   #26
slick01

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Rudisell View Post
The results are posted at speednetdirect.com right after the races. Unfortunately we have to work early Sunday morning cleaning up and working on the track, so a complete write up comes later. And I have been paying for advertising here on IOW for years now. And as always the best way to get results is come to the races!
Have a great week!
Hope to see you Saturday Dave, if work and weather cooperates!

6/9/14, 1:05 AM   #27
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Since you posted this in the Burg thread I'm going to assume you're talking about Dave.

Dave has paid for advertising on this site every year since he started promoting at the Burg. He has actually paid money so you can post.

Also, the Burg race results are posted every week on IOW. Check the "Race Results" forum.

Please excuse me while I give Dave some courtesy and say thank you.

6/9/14, 9:30 AM   #28
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
Since you posted this in the Burg thread I'm going to assume you're talking about Dave.

Dave has paid for advertising on this site every year since he started promoting at the Burg. He has actually paid money so you can post.

Also, the Burg race results are posted every week on IOW. Check the "Race Results" forum.

Please excuse me while I give Dave some courtesy and say thank you.
Not at all toward the Burg. Excellent coverage and write ups, made 2 trips their this year and hope to go a couple more times.
For some reason I could not go too, Port Royal Saturday Night and the Burg. The logistics are driving me crazy.
And thank you again for your write ups.
Last edited by Kinser11; 6/9/14 at 9:33 AM.

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
6/9/14, 12:46 PM   #29
robert gatten

Quote:
Not at all toward the Burg. Excellent coverage and write ups, made 2 trips their this year and hope to go a couple more times.
For some reason I could not go too, Port Royal Saturday Night and the Burg. The logistics are driving me crazy.
And thank you again for your write ups.
But Port Royal was worth the trip, good show. Also got to see some great wing racing (if you can believe that) at Williams Grove. Back in Indiana, tired, but ready to go to The Burg.

6/9/14, 2:09 PM   #30
cecil98

I love BOSS in it's current format!! To me it's a Blue Collar racer's series. Not a bunch of high dollar "Jeff Gordon Wannabe's" following the series. You feel like a moderate to lower budget team can compete and have a chance to make a good showing. Aaron, you've done a great job with your series and I wish you continued success!!! Looking forward to the next BOSS show.....Craig

5 members like this post: Charles Nungester, Danny Burton, fishnman, Phylo82
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Buckeye Machine BOSS Lawrenceb