IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Non-Wing guys putting the wing on for Kokomo Wednesday??
6/1/14, 11:14 PM   #11
john3g

Now I realize that that this site is a non wing only site and when someone gets on here and post something that goes against the "norm" they are instantly ridiculed for doing so. But stupid comments are way out of control! The guy only asked, "if any non wing guys are putting on the wing for Wednesday?". That's it.. Nothing more and then it begins, "real sprint cars don't have wings", pure genius this was.. Or "the best will be in P.A", did either of you think that it was necessary to throw these replies in on a "wing" posting? I've seen people comment about track conditions and BOOM he is nailed because god knows you don't dare say anything negative about the holy race track grounds of southern Indiana! Or they make fun of places that aren't the "norm" like the Tracks that aren't getting but only a few cars or aren't getting the big names. It's almost to the point of getting personnel with a mix of anger with some of you on here that blast these people that make these simple and for the most part accurate observations.. If all you can do is make stupid comments then just stay off the posting! Most of you don't like wing anyway!
Oh, Jt your dead on, no one can say the Outlaws aren't THE best! There is no intelligent argument that can be made! They pack the stands on any day of the week,no other series can do that and they get the most purse money and sponsor money. Oh they also get the most press! The WoO are the pentacle of sprint car racing. Maybe not driver to driver in every case but the series demands that each team be the very best at what they do. I know most of you on here can't stand it but its true. Well anyway, I'm looking forward to Wednesday at the best place to see a race...The Kokomo Speedway!!
Now let the blasting begin So that new visitors to this site can see these so-called "race fans" at their very best...
Last edited by john3g; 6/1/14 at 11:21 PM.

6/1/14, 11:17 PM   #12
Re: Any Non-Wing guys putting the wing on for Kokomo Wednesd
arctic monkey21

There are some really great drivers on both sides of this argument. Any of the top WoO guys with enough seat time are more than capable of winning any non wing race and it would be equally true for the non wing drivers with a wing. The one thing I just wish everybody had was an announcer that does a good job of announcing line up information like Johnny Gibson does while you can actually hear instead of waiting for cars to be on the track and some information is missed due to engine noise.

4 members like this post: JackSam40, jim goerge, nathans1012
6/1/14, 11:21 PM   #13
JarrettFarms73

Hold on just a second!! Don't want to split hairs here but the Haud never running NW is wrong.

My screen name is in homage to my still awesome Aunt Bev and her late husband, George Toney of Elwood, IN. George wrenched, helped, and eventually owned cars driven by several well known NW drivers to include Vogler, Bigelow, Rice, Hood, Parsons, among others.
Haud' goes on that list as well. As I understand it, he ran the car on a double weekend at Eldora (nw) winning night one, and shredding a RR w/ a big lead on day 2. The story still gets told because the cushion was so high, it in effect sandblasted the paint off the tail. My aunt couldn't watch and went back to the trailer. I don't speak others but I'd be willing to bet there was a nw resume to go by before they put him in.
My brother and I were at the MM. I always laugh when this debate brings this race up because we all know how blacked off and slick it was for the A. Black, slick, Eldora sounds like an Outlaw show to me, instead of a tight tacky bullring. As always JMO.

now I'll go back to my passive preference. I've spent approaching two decades playing drums on the weekends so while my preference does match my family history, the debate itself bores me. I view all these drivers as modern day gladiators and will be glad to smell the burning methanol hopefully one more time on Wednesday.

I'm hoping PPM, Ballou, or Chris bell in the Fox car show and would be thrilled if Rico rolls in.

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge, nathans1012
6/2/14, 12:00 AM   #14
i love dirt track racing

Go madman.

6/2/14, 12:11 AM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I said Haud and Stevie Smith, Smith who'd never run non wing. I see Jack run CRA and other NW before that but Stevie hadn't and I don't believe has since.

My fault for the non clarification.

If Im not correct Kinser ran some Champ Car races too and won.

Great drivers are great drivers, I watched DD run winged, Watched Brisoce kick tails with and without, Huntley, Randy Kinser, Bob Kinser, Kerr hadn't raced NW till the CRA came and won in he second or third race at Whitewater then won many USAC, Robby Stanley was great in both. Rick Hood, Jack Hewitt?

Theres less interaction now than ever IMHO but each discipline has drivers that would be great at both.

As Stated, Kinser, Swindell, Jacobs, Ferkel, Wolfgang all raced NW for years.

Anybody doubt Shuman was one of the best?

Great drivers are great drivers. The fact that I prefer to watch NW and consider NW as sprinter and Winged a Modified Sprinter are totally irrelevant.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/2/14 at 12:13 AM.

2 members like this post: JarrettFarms73, mscs20
6/2/14, 1:24 AM   #16
fish

Dave Darland - The People's Champ
Steve Kinser - The King

Couldn't go wrong either way. Both true Indiana legends. It's too bad DD probably won't be on hand on Wednesday. Let's salute the King on his way out.

3 members like this post: K9Racer, nathans1012, racegal
6/2/14, 4:56 AM   #17
hoosierdaddy

The best drivers in the country are the ones who don't care if it has a wing or not! I have the most respect for drivers such as Larson, Bell, Bacon, Clauson. Those guys are race car drivers and wheel anything. This winged vs. non-winged debate was old before it started.

2 members like this post: jim goerge, racephoto1
6/2/14, 5:30 AM   #18
Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3g View Post
Oh, Jt your dead on, no one can say the Outlaws aren't THE best! There is no intelligent argument that can be made! They pack the stands on any day of the week,no other series can do that and they get the most purse money and sponsor money. Oh they also get the most press! The WoO are the pentacle of sprint car racing. Maybe not driver to driver in every case but the series demands that each team be the very best at what they do. I know most of you on here can't stand it but its true. Well anyway, I'm looking forward to Wednesday at the best place to see a race...The Kokomo Speedway!!
Now let the blasting begin So that new visitors to this site can see these so-called "race fans" at their very best...
Just a couple of points.

Miley Cyrus can fill concert arenas from coast to coast and gets more press than just about anyone. But that doesn't necessarily make her better singer than Diana Krall, who sings at smaller venues and struggles to be as famous as her husband Elvis Costello.

Had this been another day with no non-wing weekly shows and USAC was the only non-wing and made a half dozen appearance a year her who's to say their appearance wouldn't pack the venues.

3 members like this post: dirt330, jim goerge, Ty
6/2/14, 6:44 AM   #19
treecitytornado

Christopher was in the Kunz car at the Burg and Bacon in the Fox 53. Maybe it will be the same for Wed. night.

6/2/14, 7:31 AM   #20
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by treecitytornado View Post
Christopher was in the Kunz car at the Burg and Bacon in the Fox 53. Maybe it will be the same for Wed. night.
Bacon will be in PA.

1 member likes this post: Ty
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Any Non-Wing guys putting the wing on for Kokomo Wednesday??