IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500
5/27/14, 3:46 PM   #51
Re: Night Before The 500
rockstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Lowe View Post
Does Jarett Andretti have a pavement midget? As bad as USAC may have wanted cars for the NB500 I doubt they would have let a pavement sprint car run with the midgets.
I'm not sure if he personally owns one but he is Jarrett Andretti and I have seen him run one. I know what happens when you assume but i'm going to go ahead and assume they have a midget or 6 idk. But like I said, it's an Andretti, if he wanted to run the night before he could have.

5/27/14, 3:56 PM   #52
rockstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
The USAC president made $287,000 in 2009, $376,000 in 2010, $434,000, in 2011.... as you can see, as the owners have struggled and the drivers have struggled, the president has taken care of himself, there is no one left to protect the participants (there used to be a board of directors, they say there still is, thats another story) just keep making checks payable to USAC.

How can anyone stick up for USAC if these are facts. Fans need to boycott USAC. I'm a huge open wheel fan but I know how tough it is to race week to week. We need to get behind must see,POWERi,MSCS,USSA. I'm not sure why anyone would stand behind USAC. I want open wheel racing to survive but USAC is the reason it is dying. Support the sanctioning bodies that care about the sport, not the big wigs that are getting rich sitting in an office.

3 members like this post: Hotrod, ShamrockRacin'48G, team3521
5/27/14, 4:22 PM   #53
IndySprintCar

Last edited by IndySprintCar; 5/27/14 at 4:26 PM. Reason: Changed my mind

1 member likes this post: rockstar5
5/27/14, 4:28 PM   #54
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midget4 View Post
See that's where you are wrong, USAC would have been better off to keep the championships together.. Pavement and dirt all go for one champion. That is why they have 11 cars and which I bet there won't be 8 cars at the next pavement race
The reason for the low numbers of pavement midgets is the same as what happened to pavement sprint cars. Very few can afford the need for 2 specialized cars for each discipline. Larger car counts at pavement shows in the past were the result of being able to run the same car and be competitive because for the most part everyone was in the same boat. But, as always someone comes along and has the deep pockets and ego to spend bazillions and wipes out the competition. If you can solve the specialization problem, fields will come back on pavement. I have no idea how to do this given human behavior.

5/27/14, 6:20 PM   #55
monkeyboy

Imagine how much cash the rake in on quarter midget memberships alone. Or if the prez put 1/2 his salary towards open wheel payout. My question is why do people say we should support usac when their own president isn't?

5 members like this post: mowerman, rockstar5, ShamrockRacin'48G, team3521, thebus79h
5/27/14, 7:48 PM   #56
Jerry Shaw

In light of what the individuals who put their life and safety on the line at every show and the ones who sink a large part of their life savings into making the sport possible are making out of this whole deal, this salary is obscene! It's just not right.

Jerry

Winston Churchill

5/27/14, 8:02 PM   #57
addictedtodirt

I'd like to know how a driver or four feel about this.

I'm just a fan with the right to vote via my pocketbook. I'm headed west next week to see poweri when I could just as easily jump in my brother's truck and join him for the eastern storm. And adding in the mrs. means a bigger dent in the ol pocketbook, but all to the benefit of poweri and my family.

5/27/14, 8:10 PM   #58
rockstar5

Quote:
Originally Posted by addictedtodirt View Post
I'd like to know how a driver or four feel about this.

I'm just a fan with the right to vote via my pocketbook. I'm headed west next week to see poweri when I could just as easily jump in my brother's truck and join him for the eastern storm. And adding in the mrs. means a bigger dent in the ol pocketbook, but all to the benefit of poweri and my family.
I am a driver and it p***es me off that USAC is okay with robbing their members/drivers/fans. I no longer run USAC but have in the past. I don't race every week but I used to. As far as POWERi goes I would support them and if more people would do that maybe USAC would be gone or changed like it should be. Thanks for doing what you're doing, as a driver I appreciate that. The bad thing is is that so many people want their kids to go somewhere in racing and it seems that the USAC monopoly is the only way to do that right now. Hopefully that will change one day. It seems funny that no one from USAC has been on here to defend themselves, we all know that they know this topic is on here right now. Keep supporting their competitors and maybe USAC will come back to life. It used to be something in our sport now it's the worst part of our sport. With a salary like the USAC president has he should be able to field at least 4 cars per race himself. If he did that he'd part way to having a field.

2 members like this post: gearguy, mowerman
5/27/14, 10:42 PM   #59
Kinser11

Quote:
Originally Posted by SP Motorsports View Post
I provide the following information for fact purposes only. Not to support any particular view. It has been stated that they are a non-profit which is a relm I make my daily living in. So here is some publically available information that may or may not support some viewpoints.

According to their IRS form 990 for the fiscal year ended 11/30/2012

Total Revenue: $5,102,264

Total Salaries: $1,393,999

Total Expenses: $4,583,733

Revenue less expenses: $518,531

Total Net Assets: $2,249624

Reportable Compensation:

Kevin Miller $434,000
Jason Smith $95,000

Two main sources of revenue: (not a comprehensive list of all revenue sources)

Race Revenue: $3,013,203
Sponsorship Revenue: $1,530,502

*****All of this information was taken from a 29 page document that is public information.
I am sure glad I choose the Little 500 over the Night before the 500. I would of been really p+ssy if I had paid to see 11 cars then read this. This fan is going to avoid lining the USAC Presidents pockets. This is just like the Girl Scout Cookie Scam The Girls that sell them get like $.35 for the troop. And the rest is administration cost. Give the troop a $20.00 and go buy some other cookies. The track owner and the racer put it all on the line and USAC Laughs all the way to the bank. With information like this all racers should boycott all USAC events.

3 members like this post: GasIt4, rockstar5, team3521
5/28/14, 12:07 AM   #60
ShamrockRacin'48G

Last year during Sprintweek I asked via IOW if sprint week could happen without USAC sanction-I was basically vilified-but my reason for asking was more of a question of how many $$ USAC sucks off from a week where they basically contribute nothing??? I mean really if the track owners collaborated, sprintweek could be just as successful, provided USAC didn't schedule against it... My original question remains, what does USAC bring to the table when a track is successful regularly without them? The answers to my post last year were organization, insurance, and promotion-.... But the regular shows I see in Indiana are already well organized, apparently insured, and very well promoted before the big gorilla comes to town...just seems to me like I pay 5-10 bucks more at the gate to fund their brand of BS...
Last edited by ShamrockRacin'48G; 5/28/14 at 12:22 AM.

4 members like this post: RetiredShoe, rockstar5, streetglider, team3521
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Night Before The 500