Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > chandler may 2
3/24/14, 8:45 PM   #11
17B

Be sure to come introduce yourself.

3/24/14, 9:54 PM   #12
Re: chandler may 2
Flatrightrear

Kiss race in 2009? Really? Can someone verify this please.

3/24/14, 10:07 PM   #13
17B

It was thec series that had the issuse with some wanting steel blocks or after market blocks..and the series faded....think it was that group, could be wrong.

3/24/14, 10:18 PM   #14
Agentry10

It was scora run by Sam Stockon memmer won i ran second chase stockon was 3rd it was alot fun to drive

3/25/14, 3:41 PM   #15
Knoke77

I ran a winged race there back in 1999. Track was pretty darn fast from what I remember. It's a long haul though but would be a good track for southern Indiana and KY racers.

3/25/14, 3:45 PM   #16
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
Sheldon Kinser won a USAC sprint car race there many years ago. It was sponsored by Danner's Cambridge Inns and Trolley Stop Cafeterias. I will provide the exact date when I have more time to research it. Chandler Raceway Park is mentioned in the index of the Fifty Years of USAC book, but it doesn't provide a page number.
Well, I was right and I was wrong; USAC sprint cars staged a race at Chandler Speedway on June 17, 1982, but Sheldon Kinser was not the winner. Chuck Amati won in the Daryl Tate #65A. I found the date in my record book, and consulted my USAC book for the actual race info.
So, Chandler has run some major league events on the dirt oval.

3/27/14, 2:15 PM   #17
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

The June 17, 1982 race was run on a Thursday, slightly over a week after the very destructive June 8, 1982 storm which destroyed many of the stately trees in Evansville and left some homes without power for up to a month due to the service connection to the home actually being destroyed. My home was without power from Tuesday until late Saturday of that week. I know the race being run that soon after such a devastating event had to have effected attendance. I was there, and as I recall the race drew mainly the hardcore USAC fans, not the regular Friday night Chandler crowd.

3/27/14, 2:40 PM   #18
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronmil View Post
The June 17, 1982 race was run on a Thursday, slightly over a week after the very destructive June 8, 1982 storm which destroyed many of the stately trees in Evansville and left some homes without power for up to a month due to the service connection to the home actually being destroyed. My home was without power from Tuesday until late Saturday of that week. I know the race being run that soon after such a devastating event had to have effected attendance. I was there, and as I recall the race drew mainly the hardcore USAC fans, not the regular Friday night Chandler crowd.
Encyclopedia Ronmillertanica..........Absolutely amazing Ron...........You the man!

5 members like this post: Hotshoe65s, Kellen Conover, luckybuc97, ronmil, TQ29m
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > chandler may 2