IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bristol
3/16/14, 9:37 PM   #11
Re: Bristol
wrtracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfan08 View Post
Its sad to see what that race has become..it used to be a waiting line to get tickets..but now you can still get great seats on race day..I am sure the weather played big into the empty stands..still one of my favorite nascar tracks..plus its the day before my birthday

Tyler
Happy Birthday tomorrow Kyle!

WRT

1 member likes this post: cwfan08
3/16/14, 10:09 PM   #12
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwfan08 View Post
Its sad to see what that race has become..it used to be a waiting line to get tickets..but now you can still get great seats on race day..I am sure the weather played big into the empty stands..still one of my favorite nascar tracks..plus its the day before my birthday

Tyler
Cw

In short >>>>>>It is sad to see what has become of the American Economy today.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: racephoto1
3/16/14, 10:11 PM   #13
RGraves

The NASCAR product sucks, simple as that. Other than the fact that it just isn't exciting, it is the: the arrogance and greed of NASCAR and its drivers, IROC style cars, Jimmie Johnson's dominance over the years, Danica Patrick type drivers, and playoff type points structures are just a few reasons why stands are empty and why race fans have lost interest.

This is the first year in probably 6 or 7 years that I have even flipped back and forth to the race; when I do it is just to check on Larson.

3/16/14, 10:41 PM   #14
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
Cw

In short >>>>>>It is sad to see what has become of the American Economy today.

Honest Dad himself
Don't believe it has a thing to do with the economy; people have just grown tired of NASCAR. The 12 Hours of Sebring was totally packed with a record crowd as was the 24 Hours of Daytona this year. There are a lot of choices today for the sports fan to spend their money on, and NASCAR has simply lost its' appeal to the casual fan.

4 members like this post: Danny Burton, dirtnonwingfan, RacinFool, speed bump
3/16/14, 10:47 PM   #15
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

.....and what a bizarre finish! Even NASCAR didn't know why the caution lights came on!

1 member likes this post: Onlydirt
3/16/14, 10:55 PM   #16
DAD

Ron

You may be partially right. I had friends that were NASCAR fans 10 years ago that stopped following the races way back then because they said they were tired of getting screwed by anyone that had anything to do with the races. A Victim of success I guess, they forgot what made them so popular.

Even in the bests of scripts thing sometimes happen that can not be controlled, even in the WWF they sometime have brain farts.

Honest Dad himself

3/16/14, 11:06 PM   #17
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

The entire race was absolutely bizarre. From the get go all the rain, Johnson cutting a tire early, Timmy Hill slamming into the back of Kenseth when the caution had been out a short time before impact, Gordon/ragen on pit road, danica running into the back of bowyer on pit road, and especially the light situation at the end of the race. I thought Kyle L. was gonna have something for the win but things just kept happening a lot of the guys you expected to be up front kept having issues..Def a good race though..and thank you wtr racing for the birthday wishes its much appreciated even though my name is Tyler =P . Everyone have a good St. Patricks day!

Tyler

3/16/14, 11:12 PM   #18
Flatrightrear

The old saying is"be nice to the people on your way up 'cause you'll see the same people on the way down." Arrogance, I'm sure, was a problem on NASCAR'S part and also some tracks. I disagree with Ron as far as walk-up sales at Bristol as the EPA has and is devastating the coal industry and that part of the country has a bunch of coal mines. Those good paying jobs are not easily replaced no matter what your opinion about coal is. Personally, I love it.

2 members like this post: racephoto1, speed bump
3/17/14, 6:59 AM   #19
miledirt

Good to see Allgaier run so strong last night...

Wonder how he got a lap down? Bad pit stop? He was pushing top 10, next thing I know he is like 21st and a lap down

3/17/14, 8:53 AM   #20
RxIxCxH

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: Lots

The first spring Bristol race i went to it snowed and was sold out 160,000 strong, cant blame the weather. The hotels cost more then, can't blame them. Tickets were expensive, can't blame that. It's simply a lack of interest, the racing is the same. Once you've been there a couple times the novelty has worn off and you don't go back. I enjoyed watching the race last night (first one all year) NASCAR might have started something with Sunday night racing other than 60 minutes, what else is on the tube?

Rich Mersereau

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bristol