IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well said.......
3/10/14, 11:55 AM   #1
Well said.......
Honest-Sam

Saw this on facebook. Thought it was a pretty good summary and well worth sharing.

http://sopwithmotorsports.com/blog/i...riced-out.html

3/10/14, 12:06 PM   #2
Re: Well said.......
badcoupe

I totally agree, it's the case with top level series indycar especially. Have money and subpar talent you're in, you could be broke but be the best thing since aj foyt etc and you're screwed.

2 members like this post: speed bump, The Old Coyote
3/10/14, 12:14 PM   #3
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

What a sad but true picture of Indycar.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

2 members like this post: IndyBound, Pat O'Connor Fan
3/10/14, 3:02 PM   #4
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
What a sad but true picture of Indycar.

My Question?

Did USAC sign a no compete contract with either Indy Group?
It is painfully obvious that Indy is on a self destruction path with it's high tec race cars and support. If you have to support your business on the back of the workers vis-a-vis the Drivers it is time to go out of business. No one can devise a formula that would be less expensive for the racer? Give me a break!!!! Work on the Champ car Platform. Indy is not the only race track that could benefit from a big 500 mile race in the spring.

If they aren't doing their job fire them and come up with something better.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/10/14 at 3:16 PM.

2 members like this post: mc/rider, The Old Coyote
3/10/14, 3:11 PM   #5
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

I would love to see a roadster series based on todays engineering and safety innovations.Maybe extend the wheel base on some SC cars

1 member likes this post: speed bump
3/10/14, 3:30 PM   #6
DAD

MC

The way I see it is them people that follow Indy Car racing are not going to go to a Roadster race, and you know, I wouldn't miss them, I wouldn't go to a street race either. But the people like me would probably love to go to a big Roadster Race, and might follow a short circuit of races around the country where the best open wheel driver in the USA are again trying to get the ride of a lifetime in a big 500 mile race. The guys up in Indy sure don't need our support anymore, they don't need our drivers. Why patronize them?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/10/14 at 3:33 PM.

3/10/14, 3:36 PM   #7
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcoupe View Post
I totally agree, it's the case with top level series indycar especially. Have money and subpar talent you're in, you could be broke but be the best thing since aj foyt etc and you're screwed.
Bad

No if you are as good as Tony you can make your money in stock cars and then buy your way in the back door. I would love to see Kurt's contract.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/10/14 at 3:38 PM.

3/10/14, 4:26 PM   #8
RxIxCxH

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: Lots

It's not the cost. It's the lack of interest from the fans. Racing is expensive someone has to pay. The cost is part of the game, if there is interested fans that flock to the track everything else becomes small. This kid is just another thumb sucking son-of-a-hero that blames everyone for his lack of success.

Rich Mersereau

2 members like this post: apexonephoto, speed bump
3/10/14, 6:06 PM   #9
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxIxCxH View Post
It's not the cost. It's the lack of interest from the fans. Racing is expensive someone has to pay. The cost is part of the game, if there is interested fans that flock to the track everything else becomes small. This kid is just another thumb sucking son-of-a-hero that blames everyone for his lack of success.

Rich Mersereau
Rich

How can you get excited about watching an over priced go kart race where the only thing you can see of the driver is a bump where his head is suppose to be and you can't even see that unless the car is setting still on the race track.

I get just as much fun out of watching a real close RC car race (no disrespect to you RC guys out there) as an Indy race.

Back in his younger wild days old "Smoke" was known for showing up late to qualify for USAC midget races because he was racing an RC show somewhere across town.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 3/10/14 at 6:11 PM.

3/10/14, 7:46 PM   #10
RxIxCxH

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Dad,

Real racers like Smoke would attract open wheel fans. Hard to cheer for drivers that can only kiss butt and write checks.

With the recent "adjustment" to NASCAR wages there is hope for Indy Car racing. But, owners need to be able to PAY drivers or this disease in professional racing will not stop. It would only take a few real drivers to bring Indy back into the mainstream. If Kurt Busch, Kyle Larson, Rico, JoJo, and Robert Ballou were paid millions to race full time fans would buy tickets and the problem could start to be solved. Can you imagine The Mad Man giving an interview on national TV? Sign me up

Rich

3 members like this post: cws9, dusty tracks, koolaid89
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Well said.......