IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
Blitzman (Offline)
  #11 2/23/14 5:53 PM
Originally Posted by JazzTrombonist:
Two seasons ago he was racing the Rick Ferkle car weekly at Attica and Fremont (with a wing).
That was last season & it was only for a few races..
racerjim2 (Offline)
  #12 2/23/14 6:00 PM
Originally Posted by Blitzman:
That was last season & it was only for a few races..
He raced with Ferkel 2 years too for almost a full season.
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #13 2/23/14 6:10 PM
Too bad. They had what looked like a miserable time at Volusia. Couldn't punch their way out of a wet paper bag (or B Main). In the meantime, to rub a lot of salt in the wounds, Tim Shaffer was running like a man possessed in the 45 car that they just put together for the Dirt Car Nationals.

I am sure Christopher Bell will land back on his feet. He has a lot of talent and his whole future is ahead of him. He'll find his niche sooner or later.
AustinSprinter (Offline)
  #14 2/23/14 6:32 PM
already has a good one with Keith Kunz!!.....
  #15 2/23/14 7:03 PM
More than anything, Bell came from the micro sprint ranks in Oklahoma. He a had a successful short stint in midgets before getting the Ferkel ride. Everyone knows the rest.
Originally Posted by 5JMOFFATTFAN!:
As far as I know he was a wing "guy" before he ran usac.....
Sprintfan1985 (Offline)
  #16 2/24/14 3:51 AM
He will probably drive Keith's new wing car. If I had to guess that would be what I'd think. He started it last year after his non wing was tore up at the smackdown
cmakin (Offline)
  #17 2/24/14 6:18 AM
Originally Posted by progressive22:
Just heard that Chris quit the #83 after East Bay?
I heard a rumor that he was practicing in the 81B wrenched by Bobby Craft down in Beaumont. . . . .

Be sure to visit www.manvelmotorsports.com. 2024 Robert Ballou Calendars are available.
KOP (Offline)
  #18 2/24/14 10:16 AM
When not driving for Kunz, Bell will dribe the Baytown Ford #31b and the Fox 53 some as well as other rides he may choose to take, Young man is going places. Enjoy him on dirt while you can.
Originally Posted by cmakin:
I heard a rumor that he was practicing in the 81B wrenched by Bobby Craft down in Beaumont. . . . .
c47 (Offline)
  #19 2/24/14 4:03 PM
the car has been junk since chad k's brother left the team. shaefer was struggling and left (dismissed???) now bell leaves after 3 nights...gee...maybe timmy wasnt the problem afterall.
IMO, bell made the right choice.
SDHill89 (Offline)
  #20 2/24/14 4:26 PM
Originally Posted by c47:
the car has been junk since chad k's brother left the team. shaefer was struggling and left (dismissed???) now bell leaves after 3 nights...gee...maybe timmy wasnt the problem afterall.
IMO, bell made the right choice.
That team lost a lot when Kemenah left. The car hasn't been nearly as fast since and looked pretty bad in Volusia. It looks like Bell did officially leave the team. http://www.nationalspeedsportnews.co...rsports-no-83/