Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Kokomo Schedule
1/13/14, 9:16 AM   #11
Re: 2014 Kokomo Schedule
cjaxx1987

Race Count This Year: 29
Race Count Last Year: Lost Count!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19racer View Post
There are 4 races for the mods. They are Memorial Day weekend, July 4th weekend, Labor Day weekend and the klash . From my understanding mods raced there on a weekly basis before and car counts dropped off. The car counts are up on the dates they are there cause most people are off the next day. There's no way we could have 50 mods every sun and be done by 10-1030 latest
Ok, sorry forgot the "Klash Em Up Derby". But being they get 50 plus mods for those shows should be an indication that on a regular Sunday night they could pull in 20 plus cars.
Last edited by cjaxx1987; 1/13/14 at 9:32 AM.

1/13/14, 6:21 PM   #12
Kingz

I'm pretty sure that most people that like sprint cars DON'T like Modifieds. Watch the stands empty out when the mods come on the track, watch the constant yellow flags.

4 members like this post: dirtnonwingfan, racefan20, slick01, Task Force
1/13/14, 6:24 PM   #13
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz View Post
I'm pretty sure that most people that like sprint cars DON'T like Modifieds. Watch the stands empty out when the mods come on the track, watch the constant yellow flags.
Speak for yourself. I like the mods at almost all the tracks I visit as there are enough traveling ones that I at least know many of the participants. The racing can be great as well as was my best race seen in 2013. The Merrill Downey Memorial in which Kramer and Barber battled side by side for the last 25 of 44 laps.

Oh and the yellows, If the track isn't junk slick by the time they run. I've seen em go green-checker a ton of times.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 1/13/14 at 6:25 PM.

3 members like this post: dkdorkboy, JordanBlanton, PJ Wright
1/13/14, 8:47 PM   #14
Tim Watson

If all goes well this cheesehead should see 7 nights of racing at Kokomo in 2014!

5 members like this post: Danny Burton, dirt330, Mud Packer, racefan20, racegal
1/13/14, 9:20 PM   #15
racefan20

Why mess with perfect

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

1/14/14, 12:53 PM   #16
illinisprintfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingz View Post
I like modifieds, but at Haubstadt with the modifieds racing their feature last, I have what I call the "5 caution rule". If there are 5 cautions before the halfway point of the modified feature, we gone.

1 member likes this post: koolaid89
1/14/14, 1:03 PM   #17
reeserx

Id say the most notable thing is no tq midgets or mini sprints until klash, it's basically the same schedule as last year so I'm happy with it, they didn't run modifieds much last year either

1/14/14, 3:01 PM   #18
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I too like the Modifieds, but the version back here is a bit different. I've only seen the mid west version a couple times, but what I've seen has been pretty good racing.

1/14/14, 4:02 PM   #19
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
I like modifieds, but at Haubstadt with the modifieds racing their feature last, I have what I call the "5 caution rule". If there are 5 cautions before the halfway point of the modified feature, we gone.
We try to stay to watch the modifieds as time permits. We have what is called the "two yellow" rule. The second yellow brings the so long, farewell exit. Most of the tracks we attend run the sprint car feature first so anything after that is icing on the cake. We do however have an exception to that rule. At Montepelier, we stay for the modified feature. They seldom have more than two yellows and they seem to have a very competitive group of modifieds that run there. I am anxious to see the "new" track improvements and see how the racing plays out this year. Come on spring.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5 members like this post: cwfan08, Indy1808, mowerman, nathans1012, Speedracer
1/14/14, 5:55 PM   #20
19racer

Most people seem to forget Kokomo races Sunday Nights. If you wanna race sun you can't be running 4-5 classes and expect the fans to stay. Most have to be at work in Monday. I like only 3 classes for reg shows I live 45 min from there and I gotta get up by 445 mon morning and leave around 525 for work which starts at 6

5 members like this post: cwfan08, Indy1808, Mud Packer, racefan20, Speedracer
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 2014 Kokomo Schedule