IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
El1teBr33ze (Offline)
  #1 1/10/14 6:10 PM
Err...sort of.

Anyone see this? Yeley's Chili Bowl ride. Should be the talk of Tulsa for at least move in day.
stealth43k (Offline)
  #2 1/10/14 6:15 PM
looks good
monkeyboy (Offline)
  #3 1/10/14 6:51 PM
With speeds as fast as they are at the chili bowl I imagine aerodynamics play a huge role

All I need is a heavy track and heavy buzz!
Kellen Conover (Offline)
  #4 1/10/14 7:29 PM
I wouldn't pay as much attention to the down tube as I would the lower frame rail...
5 Likes: Charles Nungester, kart31rac, Pat O'Connor Fan, TQ29m, TQ97
DAD (Offline)
  #5 1/10/14 7:44 PM
Originally Posted by Kellen Conover:
I wouldn't pay as much attention to the down tube as I would the lower frame rail...
Kellen

That should speed up axle changes quite a bit they just fall out. C.J. Rayburn did the same thing with stock cars but he just built a lexan sheet wall about 5 feet high all the way down the left side of the car, something I guess he picked up from the slot car guys.

Honest Dad himself
LRP36 (Offline)
  #6 1/10/14 9:21 PM
The whole purpose here is to create an illusion.... get everybody looking at the front end when he is probably drawing attention away from what he doesnt want anybody to see. The front lower rail deal is just eliminating unsprung weight....
microsprint15 (Offline)
  #7 1/10/14 9:33 PM
How does a missing LF framerail reduce unsprung weight?
Kellen Conover (Offline)
  #8 1/10/14 10:50 PM
I assumed it was more to help clear the inside berm but not upset the car as much as JJ is a master of that inside groove. But I was wrong one other time.
6 Likes: El1teBr33ze, interpreter66, jdull99, r_harper, team3521, TQ97
coondog (Offline)
  #9 1/11/14 1:38 AM
Bondio's cars have been like that since day one I believe. JJ had a Stealth the same way. It's just for the burm
2 Likes: jim goerge, Kellen Conover
hoosierdaddy (Offline)
  #10 1/11/14 9:04 AM
I love how people build one off cars for a single event. Kevin and Sammy probably still haven't broke even lol.
2 Likes: jim goerge, oppweld