IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FSC Chassis wins 1200cc Golden Driller
1/7/14, 12:47 AM   #11
SteveB31

Korey went to the cushion and drove a great race. TJ, the 2 nd place car #33, got his spot back because Shootout and Chilibowl rules say that any car that stops on the track goes to the back. The #33 car did spin, but as he spun he was hit by another car and never stopped on the track, so he got his spot back. TJ also had a good shootout week, by going to the cushion in his heat race and qualifier races, finishing second and first in those two races. He was a 1000cc rookie this year in the RMLSA and is a good kid and a great racer as a 1000cc Shootout rookie driving a 10 year old Hench car. It was a good race and I feel the 1000cc cars put on good races, and I am glad we are part of that event now. It is good for our class to get that exposure.

4 members like this post: DAD, EBookerFan, red70racer, RickyBobby
1/7/14, 7:41 AM   #12
Re: FSC Chassis wins 1200cc Golden Driller
racenut69

Congrats...you gotta love those "Hip Pocket' Race Teams!..Got-R-Did!..

1/7/14, 2:39 PM   #13
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB31 View Post
Korey went to the cushion and drove a great race. TJ, the 2 nd place car #33, got his spot back because Shootout and Chilibowl rules say that any car that stops on the track goes to the back. The #33 car did spin, but as he spun he was hit by another car and never stopped on the track, so he got his spot back. TJ also had a good shootout week, by going to the cushion in his heat race and qualifier races, finishing second and first in those two races. He was a 1000cc rookie this year in the RMLSA and is a good kid and a great racer as a 1000cc Shootout rookie driving a 10 year old Hench car. It was a good race and I feel the 1000cc cars put on good races, and I am glad we are part of that event now. It is good for our class to get that exposure.
I thought it was a real good race. We bought in on RacinBoys and the coverage was great. They panned away from the spin and the in car camera showed Korey almost stopping but kept it going. I ASSumed the spining car stopped after the spin.

By saying that a car must stop on the track to be moved to the back takes all the subjective out of the spin rule, that being said what or why was the cause for the yellow flag following the incident?

I told a kid with a GSXR a few years ago that if he spun to keep his foot on the gas and make a 360 to keep from tearing up his starter and he became quite good at it. I can't say the officials where very thrilled with his actions, they kept moving him back>> but he didn't tear up any more starter drives.

http://micros.portcityracin.com/data...13Rulebook.pdf

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/7/14 at 3:01 PM.

1/7/14, 3:49 PM   #14
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

Hey Dad, does that Starter Saver that FOZ sells work?
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97

1/7/14, 4:15 PM   #15
DAD

Jonesy

Guess you would have to call Larry and ask him. It did say for oil cooled motors. The new water cooled ones do it too. Zx10r doesn't seem to have that problem as much. Must be a Suzuki thing I just wouldn't understand. Come to think about it I don't understand Kawasaki either.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/7/14 at 4:51 PM.

1/8/14, 12:44 PM   #16
DAD

Just found this on the internet. A lot of us have been looking for info on DuQuoin well here it is. http://stevenaceracing.com/Mini%20Sprints.htm

Honest Dad himself

1/8/14, 3:27 PM   #17
JIM-BOB5M

another web site for info on duquoin... www.minisprintracing.com ....but some of the info doesn't jive...so one better call an ask for clarification...

1/8/14, 3:53 PM   #18
DAD

Jim-Bob WHAT WE'VE GOT HERE IS A FAILURE TO COMMUNICATE!!

How about the pay out?

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/8/14 at 3:59 PM.

1/8/14, 5:40 PM   #19
JIM-BOB5M

it is listed on www.minisprintracing.com ....who knows if it's correct

1/8/14, 6:17 PM   #20
jjones752

Race Count This Year: 19
Race Count Last Year: 22

You'd think the Steve Nace Racing site would be the most accurate since he's the promoter, wouldn't you? And, he's gone to the trouble of setting up an entry form link...
Midwest Thunder Speed2 Midget #97
Last edited by jjones752; 1/8/14 at 6:18 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > FSC Chassis wins 1200cc Golden Driller