IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
dirtnonwingfan (Offline)
  #1 10/7/13 12:51 AM
A big thank you to Kevin and Tammy Gundaker for running the final night of the Gold Crown tonight. With the weather problems last night and the prospect of a cold Sunday night race, the financially safe thing for them to do would have been to forget it and hope for better weather next year. The fact that they didn't take the easy way out is one of the things that puts them head and shoulders above many race track operators who are not really promoters. I believe that running the show tonight proves that they will do whatever they can to complete a show if it is humanly possible. Not only did we have a race, it was spectacular! Thanks again, Kevin and Tammy!

Frank Daigh
19 Likes: 1BIGracefan, Andrew S. Quinn, billwill7, BrentTFunk, DiehardRaceFan, johnnythunderhead, K-Dawg30, Kansasdirtfan, luckybuc97, mowerman, MRAY3, open_wheel_outlaw, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, racefanindy, ronmil, spindell, sw1911, wrtracing
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #2 10/7/13 6:06 AM
Even though I could not stay for the finale I agree, and will return to the Gold Crown.
5 Likes: Andrew S. Quinn, billwill7, dirtnonwingfan, Pat O'Connor Fan, wolfpack58
Andrew S. Quinn (Offline)
  #3 10/7/13 6:13 AM
Wish I could have stayed,but going to work on a couple hours sleep isnt to much fun.

Had a great time over there this weekend though. Cant wait for it next year. Hopefully it will be 3 days of nice temperatures like Thursday and Friday and no rain.
4 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, flatlander51, Pat O'Connor Fan
mowerman (Offline)
  #4 10/7/13 8:02 AM
Had a great week . Monica lost her wedding ring under the stands , had 25 people looking for it . Tammy had called her crew to help look for it . she found it . Thank Tammy , see you next year .
12 Likes: 1BIGracefan, Andrew S. Quinn, bmemmer, BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, dirtnonwingfan, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, racefan20, rachasin, ronmil, slick01
open_wheel_outlaw (Offline)
  #5 10/7/13 10:28 AM
Great Event, thanks to the Gundaker's for making this event one of the highlights of the year!
4 Likes: billwill7, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan, sw1911
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #6 10/7/13 3:04 PM
this is what being a race promoter exemplifies/ way to g gundackers, your races are a long ways from home for me, but i'll set out with a feeling of confidence to your events!
2 Likes: dirtnonwingfan, MRAY3
BrentTFunk (Offline)
  #7 10/7/13 8:32 PM
Hey Johnny, what did you think of the track. I think it is a nice place.
1BIGracefan (Offline)
  #8 10/7/13 10:30 PM
I love the Gold Crown Midget Nationals. I've been to 4 of the 5 had to leave on Saturday. Gold Crown is my last race of the year I couldn't think of any better place to end my season than Tri-City Speedway. Thank you Gundakers for giving me fantastic winter send-off.
3 Likes: billwill7, BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan
DiehardRaceFan (Offline)
  #9 10/7/13 11:22 PM
Thank you Kevin and Tammy for giving Central Illinois a HUGE midget crown jewel event!! You guys really do it right every year.
2 Likes: BrentTFunk, dirtnonwingfan
dirtnut (Offline)
  #10 10/8/13 9:55 AM
Thank you Tammy and Kevin for another great Gold Crown Nationals. The both of you and your entire staff worked so hard to get the entire show in for the drivers and fans. Already waiting to hear the dates for next year's show. If you come to the Chili Bowl, I will buy you an adult beverage. Can't wait to come back to Tri-City next year. Again, thank you both.
2 Likes: billwill7, dirtnonwingfan