IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sept.28th @ LBurg
9/28/13, 7:37 AM   #41
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Raceday! Good luck and be safe to all!

5 members like this post: Barrow15, Charles Nungester, dirt330, FishBurger, racegal
9/28/13, 10:36 AM   #42
Re: USAC Sept.28th @ LBurg
FishBurger

A bee-you-tea-full raceday morning here in Lawrenceburg. And, all indications are that will be the case throughout the day. This show will be my 462nd USAC feature event, 306 of which are USAC sprint features. Looking back, Parnelli Jones won the 1st USAC event I attended, A.J. Foyt the 2nd, Don Branson, the 3rd, Roger McCluskey the 4th and so on and so on, all of which tells me two things: 1 - I have been privileged to see a lot of really great sprintcar drivers and 2 - I am really, really old.

Hope those of you who can will be attending a race somewhere, preferably in Indiana, today. If you're coming to The 'Burg you might consider coming early to visit the Lawrenceburg Fall Fest. Starts at noon today and will have a car show, rides for the kids, live music (all free) and lots of good food (not free) .

We will be missing usual Section "A" stalwarts, Mud Packer with RacinBabe, Dirtfan with Mrs. Dirtfan, and Todd with Leann Clemons. But, I look for a rowdy bunch to be on hand anyway.

Why don'tcha come on down?

9/28/13, 12:39 PM   #43
dirtgirl67

Can anyone tell me if St Rd 1 is open to Lawrenceburg off I74? going to the Burg tonight?!
thanks!

9/28/13, 1:02 PM   #44
Koonzee

Rt.1is open .

9/28/13, 1:34 PM   #45
ShaneMugavin57

Thrashing here, anyone know what time the draw closed for mods?

9/28/13, 3:05 PM   #46
Danny Burton

Picking up a special guest in an hour or so...nap first. Can't fall asleep while negotiating the curves....on the highway.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

2 members like this post: Dirtfan, FishBurger
9/28/13, 3:28 PM   #47
johnnythunderhead
Banned

I-84 is open and they've removed all speed limit signs for the night

3 members like this post: addictedtodirt, DWX 9929, interpreter66
9/29/13, 7:31 AM   #48
Dave Rudisell
Inactive Member

Wow! What a night and what a season!! I want to thank each and everyone of you that was involved with Lawrenceburg Speedway this year! Always a success when we have no serious injury's. Lots of great crowds, great racing and good times all season long. Already looking forward to 2014!!
Sincerely, Dave Rudisell

9/29/13, 8:35 AM   #49
Gregg

What a way to end the year at Lawrenceburg; with the top 2 in USAC Sprint Car points doing the best they can to stay in the points battle. Bryan gets the win and the slight edge in the point standings while Dave Darland is not giving up by a long shot.

Green flag racing the whole way in the feature and the only apparent damage on the sprint car end being a singed underpan of C J Leary's car.

Matt Westfall was not going to be denied in the mod feature even though he had Broc Burton, Joey Kramer and early on Weasel Rhoades to keep him honest. Very little bent metal on the modified end as well.

The racing move of the night was in neither in the sprint car nor modified class, but with the VARC vintage cars where Mike Mason was able to maneuver a dirt car through a tiny hole between a midget and a vintage late model to make a pass. At 71, time to unretire Mike.

I've had late September races at the 'burg that I could not put enough layers on, the running of the Hut 100 at the 'burg about 25 years ago in particular stands out. No such problem last night as the hoodie and sweat shirt stayed in the car all evening. The weather could not have possibly been better.

This year has been a blast. I picked up a camera in earnest once again and managed to take a few good photos along the way. I was mentored by Rick Lane who helped me a lot. I even tested out a lense last night that was as fast photography-wise as a sprint car. Thank you Andy.

I hate to see the year coming to an end and the thought of a long winter hibernation ahead. Thanks to all the drivers and teams. You kept us entertained and at times amazed. I wish Shane Mugivan wasn't hanging up the helmet I know he will have new and exciting things ahead for him. To all my friends that I see often at the 'burg and elsewhere, have a great holiday season and warm winter. I may have to take in a Tuesday at Willies, if for nothing else to keep an eye on Fishburger. I'd go to Perfect North Slopes but my skiing skills which are non-existent, may be the butt of jokes by Dave Rudisell.
Last edited by Gregg; 9/29/13 at 8:44 AM.

9/29/13, 9:44 AM   #50
mc/rider

Race Count This Year: 42

Fast track,great racing.I brought two first timers who loved it.The two reasonable priced hotdogs I bought would have been great with pickles and onions.See ya next year

2 members like this post: FishBurger, mtek56
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > USAC Sept.28th @ LBurg