IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > midgets at eldora
9/23/13, 10:27 AM   #11
Re: midgets at eldora
Gee2

Midget race at 4 Crown is usually one of the best races all year... Anyone else see K. Kuntz come out on the track and motion to Rico and Bell to give each other some space on the last caution?.. before that happend it was awesome battle for 1st.
Last edited by Gee2; 9/23/13 at 10:33 AM.

1 member likes this post: johnnythunderhead
9/23/13, 11:39 AM   #12
Midget18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gee2 View Post
Midget race at 4 Crown is usually one of the best races all year... Anyone else see K. Kuntz come out on the track and motion to Rico and Bell to give each other some space on the last caution?.. before that happend it was awesome battle for 1st.
I was standing right there and Keith told Rico and Bell that they were pulling away from the field and to use their heads.....

2 members like this post: johnnythunderhead, midget96
9/23/13, 4:43 PM   #13
martz32

How the hell Gee 2 knows what was being communicated between Keith Kunz and his drivers in the waning laps of the midget portion of the 4 crown is beyond me. I was at Kokomo midget week show where his drivers were running 1-2 with Larson leading Bell. There was a late caution and if Bell got a signal to back off he sure didn't abide by it as he used the high side to pass Larson.

I am sure Keith doesn't want his cars taking each other out while running 1-2 but to make the accusation that they were given orders of where to run is laughable.

9/23/13, 4:53 PM   #14
Jerry Spencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by martz32 View Post
How the hell Gee 2 knows what was being communicated between Keith Kunz and his drivers in the waning laps of the midget portion of the 4 crown is beyond me. I was at Kokomo midget week show where his drivers were running 1-2 with Larson leading Bell. There was a late caution and if Bell got a signal to back off he sure didn't abide by it as he used the high side to pass Larson.

I am sure Keith doesn't want his cars taking each other out while running 1-2 but to make the accusation that they were given orders of where to run is laughable.
Really easy if you know what to look for, hands apart showing distance, point to head as in use your head. Kinda like rubbing the top of your head to go to the top or patting yourself on the a#$ to run the bottom.

I am sure Keith would never decide a race for one of his drivers but telling them to use there heads sure is not the same as telling one or the other to back off.

J.M.O.

Jerry #66j

9/23/13, 5:40 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

There was no order to back off. Bell threw another slider with three to go but that one wasn't going to clear so he gave Abreu room and was never able to run him down in the two and a half laps remaining.

They did race very hard and very clean (For slide Jobs) Abreu was already setting up for the crossover before Bell completed his sliders and he was able to regain the lead every single time.

This isn't a hijack as its Midgets at Eldora thread so.

Do the Toyota's handle the big tracks better or do they just come freshened? Burg, Bellville Eldora. Seems like they all kept going and all kept going strong! Kuntz, Armstrongs, Daum etc.

Would just love to see more of them on bigger tracks, Expecially THAT maybe as a Champ Car doubleheader.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/23/13 at 8:58 PM.

9/23/13, 8:25 PM   #16
johnnythunderhead
Banned

it was all a ploy to keep newman and Gordon out of the chase

9/23/13, 9:52 PM   #17
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead View Post