IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City opening night Video Clips posted
4/13/08, 7:38 PM   #1
Gas City opening night Video Clips posted
highvista

Check out highlights from opening night at the Gas City I-69 Speedway at www.highvistavideo.com

DVD ordering info is also posted.

Enjoy.

4/13/08, 8:57 PM   #2
Re: Gas City opening night Video Clips posted
sprinter25

Good stuff!

4/14/08, 7:16 AM   #3
Knoke77

I went ahead and downloaded a couple of the Attica wing races that they ran earlier this month also and found a scary surprise! In one of the videos it shows, I think, Brian Brown flip in the middle of 3 & 4. While watching the video I noticed something bouncing around in his cockpit. After watching the video a few times I noticed that it was HIS HELMET!! You can see him grab it when he stops flipping and try to stick it back on his head but he can't get it on.

Now that would be scary!

4/14/08, 8:34 AM   #4
Mudclodbob

Several years ago while attending a WoO race at Butler Speedway, during heat race, a car flipped down the front strecth. On the 2nd or 3rd gyration the driver flew out of the car and was flung through the air and was actually clipped by the wing of Doug Wolfgang's car.

That was scary and everyone feared the worst. Luckily the young driver was only shaken. But I recall Wolfgang chewing out the youngster for driving a sprint car with ............less than adequate saftey equipment.

4/14/08, 9:23 AM   #5
tonyj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoke77 View Post
I went ahead and downloaded a couple of the Attica wing races that they ran earlier this month also and found a scary surprise! In one of the videos it shows, I think, Brian Brown flip in the middle of 3 & 4. While watching the video I noticed something bouncing around in his cockpit. After watching the video a few times I noticed that it was HIS HELMET!! You can see him grab it when he stops flipping and try to stick it back on his head but he can't get it on.

Now that would be scary!
Not Brian Brown....Ellenberger involved in the wreck.

4/14/08, 10:35 AM   #6
Bubzilla

Good stuff Jeff.

Look for me to be purchasing a copy when I get a few minutes.

Thanks, Joe.

4/14/08, 8:49 PM   #7
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvista View Post
Check out highlights from opening night at the Gas City I-69 Speedway at www.highvistavideo.com

DVD ordering info is also posted.

Enjoy.
Is that the noise from the cars that makes the picture distort a little bit?

4/14/08, 8:53 PM   #8
highvista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
Is that the noise from the cars that makes the picture distort a little bit?
The video appears distorted because it is compressed to post on the web, for space reasons. The DVD picture is crystal clear.
JC

4/14/08, 8:58 PM   #9
Tim Watson

Quote:
Originally Posted by highvista View Post
The video appears distorted because it is compressed to post on the web, for space reasons. The DVD picture is crystal clear.
JC
I know the DVD's are clear, it's my Dad that sent you the midget footage for the DVD that just came out. I was wondering cause i noticed when the action stopped or the interview with Cottle the picture clears up. I thought it might be the noise of the cars since you sit very close at Gas City. Thanks for the response!

4/14/08, 10:12 PM   #10
Gary Silverman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Watson View Post
I was wondering cause i noticed when the action stopped or the interview with Cottle the picture clears up. I thought it might be the noise of the cars since you sit very close at Gas City.
Video compression is far less noticeable when there is less movement involved, like an interview.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City opening night Video Clips posted