IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Courtesy
8/26/13, 12:07 PM   #21
Re: Courtesy
FEATHERDUSTER

I totally agree that there is nothing more disruptive than an UGLY drunk however there is a cure for this and that is to ask the track security to remove that person.
And while we are on the topic of courtesy I have noticed that there are some folks who when drinking and eating before the race just leave their trash on the ground next to there vehicle. You brought it so you either throw it away in a garbage can or take it back home with you, come on folks lets not let litterbugs and drunks spoil our enjoyment just ask security to remove these people and they will.

4 members like this post: badgerfan, dirt330, mowerman, ronmil
8/26/13, 12:13 PM   #22
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregD View Post
I have been at the races for a very long time. In the has several years I have noticed that this problem is getting a lot worst. Seems that Kokomo and Eldora are really bad.
Greg,

I recently made a comment that there seemed to be fewer drunks at the tracks than there were back in the late sixties and seventies, but maybe that assessment was premature, or it could be that the tracks I attend and the areas I sit in are less populated with rowdies.
I noticed years ago that certain tracks seemed to have a higher percentage of drunks. I believe your statement that Kokomo and Eldora are among the tops in that category is correct.
Also, Purple73, I'm glad you mentioned spitting. I've witnessed that at several tracks, mostly by tobacco chewers, but I witnessed a teenage boy who simply spat every few seconds. I don't know how anyone could produce so much saliva! Gross!

8/26/13, 12:24 PM   #23
Mudclodbob

I should say that nobody around us was out of control, just lots of screaming profanities all night, which I've heard plenty of times, but enough already. I wouldn't take my kids to hear that all night. Maybe a reminder from the announcers once in would help even a little. We need kids to keep this deal alive.

1 member likes this post: fish
8/26/13, 12:29 PM   #24
mowerman

Race Count This Year: 13
Race Count Last Year: 87

I'm sure the kids have heard and even used those words when the parents were not around .

1 member likes this post: monkeyboy
8/26/13, 1:06 PM   #25
ThePurple73

Maybe the boat was missed all these years by hiring security personnel. What's need is some retired school teachers and Grandmothers to work the stands.
I can see it now...a couple drunks being led by the ear out of the stands by an elderly Grandma...or an ex-school teacher herding them out with her pointer or yard stick.
Last edited by ThePurple73; 8/26/13 at 1:10 PM.

3 members like this post: dirt330, GregD, Indy1808
8/26/13, 1:15 PM   #26
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePurple73 View Post
Maybe the boat was missed all these years by hiring security personnel. What's need is some retired school teachers and Grandmothers to work the stands.
I can see it now...a couple drunks being led by the ear out of the stands by an elderly Grandma...or an ex-school teacher herding them out with her pointer or yard stick.
I'm a retired school teacher; still have my paddle, but I don't think want to hire on as a security person!

4 members like this post: Eatin Dirt, Indy1808, jerrythar500, jim goerge
8/26/13, 1:19 PM   #27
cjaxx1987

Race Count This Year: 29
Race Count Last Year: Lost Count!

The easiest way to avoid this from happening is for the track to designate a family/no alcohol section. Many tracks do this.

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
8/26/13, 1:23 PM   #28
Danny Burton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
I'm sure the kids have heard and even used those words when the parents were not around .
Very true, but I know of two boys who had better not be caught by their grandfather saying those words. Naturally they will learn those words; it's next to impossible to shelter them that much. And I've no real problem with that. But I try to make sure they won't learn them from me. That I can control.

Regarding drunks, etc.: Too many amateurs are drinking. I often sit near people drinking and these guys are pros. They can actually drink and behave....up to a point.

No names, please.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

8/26/13, 1:32 PM   #29
Rpracing1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowerman View Post
Say it isn't so...............

8/26/13, 2:21 PM   #30
RxIxCxH

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: Lots

At Berlin we would sit in turn 4 just to be around the drunks, they were as entertaining as the races. New management came in years ago and threw all of them out. Now people stand there and say where did all the fans go ? ? ? ? Can't have it both ways, they all paid to get in

1 member likes this post: a tall Short fan 36
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Courtesy