IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

View Poll Results: What would you like to see weekly at Plymouth in 2014?
410 Winged Sprints 22 18.18%
360 Winged Sprints 6 4.96%
410 Non-Winged Sprints 67 55.37%
UMP Late Models 8 6.61%
Midgets 22 18.18%
360 nonwing sprints and midgets 10 8.26%
mixture, join montpelier for midgets,sod,kiss, maybe allstars 14 11.57%
305 Winged Sprints 2 1.65%
pony cars 1 0.83%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLYMOUTH: If they run Sprints in 2014 whay would be best????
8/21/13, 6:58 PM   #11
Re: PLYMOUTH: If they run Sprints in 2014 whay would be best
Hotshoe65s

I don't know what your best move should be. But I do know you will likely get a biased answer on here (sprints) and if you go to a site like 4m you'll get a biased answer (late models) as well. I think your best bet would be to ask your fans what they'd rather see.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: cwfan08, fish
8/21/13, 9:24 PM   #12
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

This is me being me and only being me:
Initially Im against another saturday night NW sprint track. IMHO its dilluting the field for the rest of the tracks.
Thats a view and My view only.

However. Your kinda far enough north do draw from MI and upper indiana, Honestly theres also MTS, SOD and NRA for wings. BUT

If you were going to try non wing on Saturday, I WOULD SAY, JUST DON'T GIVE IT A COUPLE DATES and hope it pans out. Make the plan for a year and a half. Then re-evaluate. IMHO Waynesfield initially was a dilluter but is now a benifit to all tracks. Im glad they stuck it out. If another hot bed could be struck in upper central indiana. The more the merrier. I say. BUT YOU CAN'T just start it up. Get some teams building a sprint car and pull the program before it ever gets started. You might start with 10-12. Second year 12-18 etc.

Heres another option. A ton of winged teams have 360s. NON WING 360s IMHO is a ripe market Expecially considering SOD and NRA both run em and they are north of I-70. Im thinking several of them guys would jump
being able to run twice as much at 2/3rds the cost, Less fuel, No replacement wings, Less tire wear and fewer engine rebuilds.

So thats my view, Im not crazy about taking cars out of the saturday night circut. But if you do it. I hope its widely successful.

8/22/13, 12:18 AM   #13
Vukie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
This is me being me and only being me:
Initially Im against another saturday night NW sprint track. IMHO its dilluting the field for the rest of the tracks.
Thats a view and My view only.

However. Your kinda far enough north do draw from MI and upper indiana, Honestly theres also MTS, SOD and NRA for wings. BUT

If you were going to try non wing on Saturday, I WOULD SAY, JUST DON'T GIVE IT A COUPLE DATES and hope it pans out. Make the plan for a year and a half. Then re-evaluate. IMHO Waynesfield initially was a dilluter but is now a benifit to all tracks. Im glad they stuck it out. If another hot bed could be struck in upper central indiana. The more the merrier. I say. BUT YOU CAN'T just start it up. Get some teams building a sprint car and pull the program before it ever gets started. You might start with 10-12. Second year 12-18 etc.

Heres another option. A ton of winged teams have 360s. NON WING 360s IMHO is a ripe market Expecially considering SOD and NRA both run em and they are north of I-70. Im thinking several of them guys would jump
being able to run twice as much at 2/3rds the cost, Less fuel, No replacement wings, Less tire wear and fewer engine rebuilds.

So thats my view, Im not crazy about taking cars out of the saturday night circut. But if you do it. I hope its widely successful.
MTS is a wingless club.

http://tjslideways.com/2013/08/20/i-...cars-for-2014/

1 member likes this post: Charles Nungester
8/22/13, 1:33 AM   #14
slick01

Race Count This Year: 31
Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
This same question was posted on the tracks Facebook page earlier today.
Now that the track has run both Wing and Non-Wing Sprints what would you like to see there next year in 2014?
410 Winged Sprints
410 Non-Wing Sprints
360 Winged Sprints
or other: Late Models - Midgets

The 3 picture below are from this past weekend: Saturday, August 17th 2013.
I wish you would quit the comparison of different divisions across the forums. It is fine that folks like you enjoy all. I would challenge you to bring your argument down to my neck of the woods. You are so lucky to have that that we don't.

8/22/13, 8:22 AM   #15
383strokerdustin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vukie View Post
Nice quote! Thats probably why MTS only gets 14 cars.

8/22/13, 4:40 PM   #16
cjaxx1987

Race Count This Year: 29
Race Count Last Year: Lost Count!

Depending on what happens to a certain central Indiana track thats for sale after this year that usaully runs sprints on Friday, it might be the best thing to move your racing to Friday night instead of Saturday. So many tracks run on Saturday and not many tracks run on Friday or Sunday, if the above mentioned track doesnt open next year you will see alot of sprints and increase in mods. If that pans out Plymouth could also team up with Montpelier in the midget class. JMO
Last edited by cjaxx1987; 8/22/13 at 4:42 PM.

8/22/13, 6:39 PM   #17
micro94

I have no idea about above track but I do think it would be good to include midgets somehow. Even with the 410 non wing sprints. Just as a support class even. And you could run any of them, Ignite midgets maybe or like said before team with Montpielier. I do however believe Saturday night would work being in the northern part of the state. Sure you could draw some cars from Michigan. Thats just my opinion and mine only. Being I live in Anderson if its a Friday night Im not gonna pass up Gas City to go to Plymouth. Others very well may but I dont see that many people doin it. Besides, Gas City has a pretty faithful following of racers on any givin Friday night as well as fans. That was just my 2 cents which probably wasnt worth 1.

2 members like this post: KENDALLRACING, Task Force
8/23/13, 1:25 AM   #18
Stevensville Mike

Nathan,

Is Plymouth Speedway locked in to running Saturdays next year or is there a possibility they might switch to Fridays?

1 member likes this post: nathans1012
8/23/13, 1:43 AM   #19
nathans1012

Race Count This Year: 7
Race Count Last Year: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevensville Mike View Post
Nathan,

Is Plymouth Speedway locked in to running Saturdays next year or is there a possibility they might switch to Fridays?
Saturday's is what I've been told for their weekly show in 2014 (worried about High School Football and less fans in the stands plus Stewart said it was their best option).
Their looking into all possibilities.
Personally I think they have a good opportunity to doo something no Indiana track does.
Rotate their main class (not including the UMP Modifieds).
Run UMP Late Models, 410 Wing Sprints, 410 Non-Wing Sprints, & Full Size Midgets (work with Montpelier so dates don't conflict) on a 4 week rotating basis or try something that won't dilute car counts at other area tracks.

ALSO
The 2-day World Series Of Dirt Date has been changed to possibly Saturday, October 5th < KEEP AN EYE ON TRACKS FACEBOOK PAGE AT: http://www.facebook.com/PlymouthSpeedway for more details.

They where going to have a 2-day show on the 11 & 12th of October but Kokomo and Kankakee where both mad about it.

Kokomo worried it would cost the 20 less cars due to wrecks, broke cars, ect.... < Not sure why their mad the Kokomo Klash is a week late then this date

Kankakee: Tom Smith Mad because he had that date locked up and Plymouth wanted to run that weekend as well < don't see what the big deal is there are enough cars to go around.

2-Day show could include
Open Wing Show 410's, 360's
possibly 410 Non-Wing
Super Streets
Thunder Cars/ Stocks
I-Mods
and both 600cc Mini Sprint classes

NO UMP Late Models & UMP Modifieds due to UMP Fall Nationals at Eldora Speedway

1 member likes this post: EBookerFan
8/23/13, 5:52 AM   #20
cwfan08

Race Count This Year: 17

If you ran the 2 day show that weekend of fall nats you would still get a healthy crop of mods..not everyone goes to eldora..but Once again pretty cool your working with the other tracks in the area..

Tyler

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > PLYMOUTH: If they run Sprints in 2014 whay would be best????