IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City updates
8/17/13, 12:02 AM   #11
Re: Gas City updates
randy j

"Anyone have anything? had knee surgury this morning and thought I was going to be ok but things did not go as planned. "

Do the therapy, as much as you can stand, be walking in a few hours. Get well bro, been there, beat that

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
8/17/13, 12:24 AM   #12
Hopkinsracing14

Hopkins 3rd

8/17/13, 12:34 AM   #13
bni69

1. Dave Darland
2. Robert Ballou
3. AJ Hopkins
4. Todd Keen
5. Kyle Robbins
6. Shane Cottle
7. Chris Gurley
8. Garrett Abrams
9. Jarett Andretti
10. Logan Jarrett
11. Joe Liguori
12. Ted Hines
13. CJ Leary
14. Gary Taylor
15. Travis Welpott
16. Shawn Westerfeld
17. Conner Donelson
18. Scotty Weir
19. Aaron Farney
20. Chad Boespflug

For complete results, go to http://www.gascityi69speedway.com. Track will be closed next Friday night, so next racing action will take place Friday, August 30 with a regular program of Non-Wing Sprints, UMP Modifieds, Thunder Cars and MTQRL 3/4 Midgets (rescheduled from an earlier rain out).

1 member likes this post: racegal
8/17/13, 9:53 AM   #14
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

A good night of racing at the Gasser last night. Nice field of sprinters with 26 answering the bell. AJ Hopkins held the early lead and held Darland off for a little while. Once Darland got around for the lead the only challenge may have come from Ballou but he hauled it in to one and got sideways but was able to right the ship without taking a ride. By that time Darland had taken too big of a lead to overcome. Hopkins finished third in what I thought was his best race of the year that I saw.

Plenty of side by side racing in the pack. Nice runs for Keen, Robbins & Cottle to finish 4th thru 6th respectively. A tough night for Chad Boespflug & Scotty Weir. Chad did everything but dump it on his lid early in the feature. Got into the cushion in one and had some air time and swapped end for end but never did go over. He was out and okay but done for the evening. Weir did get over in turn three and was able to walk away but again the car was done for the evening.

Being a former official, I always respect the folks in the booth scoring a race. This feature had to be a real challenge. Out of the 20 car starting field, you had three #12's in Gurley, Hines & Ballou and four #18's in Keen, Weir, Welpott & Andretti. To make it even more interesting is the cars for Keen & Weir look very much alike. I don't wish that job on anyone.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

4 members like this post: FishBurger, Gregg, PIT CART, racegal
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Gas City updates