Register! Forgot Password?
Pavement Dave (Offline)
  #1 8/7/13 10:33 AM
This should be a fun event!
Attachments:
kenley.png (485.3 KB)

PJ Wright (Online)
  #2 8/7/13 12:07 PM
I just marked it on my calendar. I've been waiting for a good reason to visit this track and now I've got one.

You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.
johnnythunderhead (Offline)
  #3 8/7/13 2:16 PM
might check it out if the weather is half way decent that deep into the year?

Posted via Mobile Device
LittleRube (Offline)
  #4 8/7/13 2:23 PM
Originally Posted by johnnythunderhead:
might check it out if the weather is half way decent that deep into the year?

Posted via Mobile Device
I wonder what road you will take?

Posted via Mobile Device

up - up - down - down - left - right - left - right - b - a - select - start
mowerman (Offline)
  #5 8/7/13 2:27 PM
Originally Posted by LittleRube:
I wonder what road you will take?

Posted via Mobile Device
Hell Rube 84 runs right by that track .
davidm (Offline)
  #6 8/7/13 4:20 PM
I've been by this track before, but have never seen a race there. I just might have to drive down for this one!
1121 (Offline)
  #7 8/7/13 11:10 PM
I’ve actually raced this track a couple of times. Once with the old AWOL series and once with USCS. Both are/were a 360 series. This is a real racy joint. I believe they call it a 4/10 mile. Since most of the tracks in the south are NASCAR sanctioned, this is probably a fairly accurate measurement. It has a pretty good bank and is nice and wide. The 410 cars will be fast there.

The first time I went down there, Chad Delagrange (the “D” in PDP Racing) and I went down and took two cars. I’ve posted this picture before, but the attached picture is the rig we took down.

Mike Blake and Phil Thomas (aptly nicknamed “Dozer”) had a vicious crash in turns three and four. There’s a real funny story about what happened after the wreck, but it’s too hard to write it down and give it justice. So if you ever see me in person, stop me and I’ll tell it to you.

I only hope the MSR guys have as much fun down there as we had!

Tom Paterson
PDP Racing
“Like” PDP Racing on Facebook
5 Likes: davidm, Mud Packer, PJ Wright, sprintracer82, tntbusco