IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crown on the High Banks. Thoughts?
8/3/13, 1:36 AM   #21
Re: Crown on the High Banks. Thoughts?
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

You guys can debate the Death of USAC all you want. Im going into my review of what I seen.

It was good, They track has the capability of muliple lines but the Cushion was so darn fast. Don't know if thats norm or from all the rain.

Id just make the whole event a doubleheader with the first two night of midgets on the small track Practice and TT on FRi on the big track for Crown and the nationals on the big. Followed by a fifty lap Crown race once the track is rubber ed down

1 member likes this post: duel
8/3/13, 8:29 AM   #22
Jonr

A lot of short memories on this board, remember the stellar 16 cars POWRi had last Friday night. Poor car counts are not a USAC only issue.

I also remember a multi page thread about all the new tracks that Silver Crown cars need to go to. Supply equals demand.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: duel
8/3/13, 8:45 AM   #23
racegal

Race Count This Year: 19

Does anyone know the final finish? Thank you in advance!

8/3/13, 8:48 AM   #24
Jerry Shaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by racegal View Post
Does anyone know the final finish? Thank you in advance!
TRAXXAS USAC SILVER CROWN RACE RESULTS: August 2, 2013 – Belleville, Kansas – Belleville High Banks

QUALIFYING: 1. Tracy Hines, 16, Lightfoot-16.856; 2. Bobby East, 10, Stewart/Curb-Agajanian-16.949; 3. Jerry Coons, Jr., 27, RW/Curb-Agajanian-17.050; 4. Robert Ballou, 63, DePalma-17.068; 5. Shane Hollingsworth, 20, Nolen-17.211; 6. Chris Windom, 17, RW/Curb-Agajanian-17.274; 7. Kody Swanson, 25, Sachs-17.421; 8. Brian Tyler, 21, Team 6-R-17.502; 9. A.J. Fike, 3, RFMS-17.747; 10. Miranda Throckmorton, 33, Team 6-R-17.765; 11. Tim Barber, 28, Finkenbinder-17.983; 12. Dave Darland, 14, McQuinn-18.090; 13. Chris Urish, 77, Urish-18.672.

FEATURE: (50 laps) 1. Tracy Hines, 2. Bobby East, 3. Robert Ballou, 4. Jerry Coons, Jr., 5. Chris Windom, 6. A.J. Fike, 7. Kody Swanson, 8. Brian Tyler, 9. Dave Darland, 10. Tim Barber, 11. Shane Hollingsworth, 12. Miranda Throckmorton, 13. Chris Urish. NT
------------------------------------------------------
**Hollingsworth flipped on lap 24 of the Feature.

FEATURE LAP LEADERS: Laps 1-50 Hines.

NEW TRAXXAS SILVER CROWN SERIES POINT STANDINGS: 1-Hines-244; 2-East-243; 3-Swanson-239; 4-Coons-235; 5-Windom-213; 6-Tyler-204; 7-Hollingsworth-182; 8-Fike-155; 9-David Byrne-127; 10-Bobby Santos-108.

NEXT TRAXXAS SILVER CROWN RACE: August 17 – Springfield, Illinois – Illinois State Fairgrounds – “Tony Bettenhausen 100”

Winston Churchill

5 members like this post: cowboyhar69, Midget 89, racegal, SpfldMile, team3521
8/3/13, 9:18 AM   #25
mr nobody
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonr View Post
A lot of short memories on this board, remember the stellar 16 cars POWRi had last Friday night. Poor car counts are not a USAC only issue.

I also remember a multi page thread about all the new tracks that Silver Crown cars need to go to. Supply equals demand.

Posted via Mobile Device

You mean the night that was sandwiched between an 18 and a 22 car night? Also, what does POWRI have to do with this? James "Jay" Carney aka Jonr would you kindly explain that?

1 member likes this post: Jhouts06
8/3/13, 9:29 AM   #26
cowboyhar69

HINES LANDS LIGHTFOOT’S FIRST TRAXXAS SILVER CROWN WIN AT BELLEVILLE

Belleville, Kansas…….Tracy Hines of New Castle, Indiana is a former Traxxas Silver Crown Series champion, but his ninth career win in the series on Friday in the “Hustle on the High Banks” at the Belleville High Banks marked the first for his car owner Mark Lightfoot. The win came in dominant fashion, as he posted “Fast Time” before wiring the field in the 50-lapper.

Hines set out from the pole and beat Bobby East into the first turn. Two early cautions set up restarts where East and Robert Ballou battled for the second spot as Hines sped away up against the cushion.

A red flag on lap 24 for sixth-running Shane Hollingsworth offered Hines’ biggest challenge, as he restarted after with East and Ballou hot on his tail. But as the laps wound, Hines became stronger and stronger, opening up a comfortable margin.

With traffic in front of him over the final handful of circuits, his lead was carved down, but Hines was never seriously threatened en route to the 1.848-second win in the Lightfoot Racing #16 Beast/Stanton Mopar.

“It’s really cool to win for Mark Lightfoot. We put a deal together a couple years ago, and it’s turned into a great combination and a really good relationship. To finally get him a win is exciting. I’ve run second here a lot of times, so I’m happy to get a win here, whatever division it’s in. It was definitely treacherous to run a big heavy Silver Crown car here, with a full fuel load, without lifting up against a curb three feet from a little guardrail. My right-rear bled down under the red, so I had to ride it out after that, but once we got some air back I could attack it harder. We have three good tracks coming up for us in Silver Crown, so we’ll see what happens,” Hines said.

East pulled away from Ballou in the closing stages, keeping pace with new point-leader Hines as he finished second in the Tony Stewart/Curb-Agajanian Racing – Chevy Performance #10 Maxim/Kistler.

“I think if we could have gotten out front at the beginning, we definitely were good enough to win. We could hang with him for stretches, but just couldn’t do much with him. We had some issues near the end of the race, so we’re happy to hang on for second,” East said.

Ballou rounded out the podium in the DePalma Motorsports – Radio Hospital #63 Maxim/Hampshire.

“I feel like I made some mistakes, because we had a really good car. It’s kinda disappointing to finish third, but I have to thank the DePalma family and Bob Hampshire, whose engines was really strong. We are starting up front and running well, but I’m still pretty inexperience in this stuff, and guys like Tracy seem to have Silver Crown pretty well figured out,” Ballou said.

Jerry Coons, Jr. came home fourth in the Rotondo Weirich – Curb Records #27 Beast/Wallace Toyota, while his teammate Chris Windom rounded out the top-five as the final car on the lead lap in the Rotondo Weirich – Curb Records #17 Beast/Wallace Toyota.

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

2 members like this post: jerrydt, racegal
8/3/13, 10:56 AM   #27
captrat

Let the vitriol roll!

8/3/13, 12:15 PM   #28
winglessmd

USAC has an opportunity to really have a special event here. Sure there could have been more cars, but to watch these drivers rimride next to the rail at the speeds they were running was priceless.
Belleville is a unique track just like the silver crown division. We were sitting on the top row of the grandstand behind the flagman and during hotlaps we were being hit by the mud off the track. The fans in this area are hungry for this type of racing. I thought it was great that they opened the front stretch gate before the feature started to let the fans go down to meet the drivers. There were a lot of dads like myself that took advantage of this. My two young kids were still talking about it this morning.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, erich45, Kansasdirtfan, Midget 89, SpfldMile, spindell
8/3/13, 1:15 PM   #29
SpfldMile

Thank you winglessmd, for the positive comments, and for taking the next generation of racing fans. We could use a bit more optimism on here.

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, HardyBoysRacing, Kansasdirtfan
8/3/13, 1:42 PM   #30
Jonr

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr nobody View Post
You mean the night that was sandwiched between an 18 and a 22 car night? Also, what does POWRI have to do with this? James "Jay" Carney aka Jonr would you kindly explain that?
Dude, my pain meds have me on a roll. If you going to call me out at least know who in the world I am. Could it be more than one person does not like your ignorant rants. I get tired of people bashing USAC but yet they have binders on about other series that have issues. I also get tired of the SC faithful that think that USAC is trying to kill the series. If the gold crown cars would have worked, it had the possibility of being a huge series playing in front of huge tracks. Fuel sponsor for the series,how is that a bad idea. Taking the series to a new track, where it could be on the same weekend as an iconic race, how is that a bad idea? Maybe the problem is not USAC, but the crappy SC cars themselves.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Crown on the High Banks. Thoughts?