IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW seat marking
7/10/13, 12:03 PM   #11
Koonzee

Duel, sorry it's on my dining room table. Loved the pattern. J/k. Last year discovered I was spending too much time worrying about seats.I realized it didn't matter where I sat cause during sprint week Iam having too much fun.
Now worrying where I park the camper,that's different. Lol

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, duel
7/10/13, 12:06 PM   #12
Re: ISW seat marking
ISF

Obviously there are differing opinions on the blanket issue and rightfully so depending on your situation. This issue, like many others, has been cussed and discussed ad nauseum.

Although, the best race track blanket policy I've seen was at Manzy back when she was still a race track.

We were out at the Western World Championships in November of '04 and asked what the blanket policy was. We were told that if you left a blanket from the night before or if you went in before they cleared the grandstands they would be taken up just prior to tickets going on sale and put in a pile next to the spectator entrance so you could get your blanket or whatever you taped down. After the gates opened and you decided where you wanted to set you could tape down your blanket.

Seemed like a reasonable compromise.

4 members like this post: fish, I Miss Manzy, Indy1808, oldfan49
7/10/13, 12:40 PM   #13
scottyCbus

Race Count This Year: 8
Race Count Last Year: 18

As for Gas City allowing people to put down blankets and leave them all year I'm ok with that because if you go there on a weekly basis or more than just ISW or live close to there thats just a benefit on your behalf. That's life! If you know ahead of time which we have for years now that they are allowed to do this there's no surprise or debate. Other tracks have different policies on when or if you can tape down a blanket or tablecloth or whatever it is us race fans use and thats beauty of it. There's one thing about each track has different owners and they do what they want its there track. If there's one thing in life that I know people don't always do what is right or fair and thats just part of it. Like the Rolling Stones song says You Can't Always Get What You Want. But You Can Try Sometimes To Get What Ya Need! And for all us racing fans it's good racing not always that ideal seat but just a seat!

7 members like this post: cwfan08, Danny Burton, duel, FishBurger, Indy1808, LUCKYONE, mowerman
7/10/13, 1:59 PM   #14
rclaridge

This thread reminds me of how much I love my reserved seat at tss,I have no worries about getting good seat there!!!no matter how much you disagree with a tracks policy of saving seats its their right to remove blankets not yours...

Posted via Mobile Device

5 members like this post: dirtnut, jim goerge, ronmil, SHORTBUS, Wingman
7/10/13, 2:12 PM   #15
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

7/10/13, 2:28 PM   #16
newracefan123

Since ppl don't always do what is right or fair I'll just sit anywhere I want marked or not and simply quote th Rolling Stones song when someone is pissed off I'm in their seat good idea

Posted via Mobile Device

7/10/13, 2:39 PM   #17
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by newracefan123 View Post
Since ppl don't always do what is right or fair I'll just sit anywhere I want marked or not and simply quote th Rolling Stones song when someone is pissed off I'm in their seat good idea

Posted via Mobile Device
I would guess you had better hope that some big guy who left that seat to get something to eat, go to the head, make a trip to the pits etc doesnt come back and physically remove you from said seat.JMO but I think thats a pretty stupid idea.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

7/10/13, 3:04 PM   #18
newracefan123

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefan20 View Post
I would guess you had better hope that some big guy who left that seat to get something to eat, go to the head, make a trip to the pits etc doesnt come back and physically remove you from said seat.JMO but I think thats a pretty stupid idea.
I wouldn't say stupid but I'd say it's an ignorant thing to do but so is saving seats all year round especially when you don't even go to the race. But hey It is what it is I believe ' that's life' was quoted as well

Posted via Mobile Device

7/10/13, 3:28 PM   #19
IndySprintCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
Top half at Gas City is already marked.
Which is why I don't even bother to try to go to the ISW race there.

I don't understand why tracks do this 'cause it pisses a lot people of. Also, it seems like they are leaving some money on the table. Obviously, people want to come in early and mark their seats. Why not try to capture the money people would be willing to pay for that privilege? If I were a promoter, I'd sell my own track "blankets" in 2 seat and 4 seat widths. Those would be the only thing you could use to mark seats at the track. They'd be good for the season. You'd still have to buy your regular ticket(s) when you came in the gate for a show.

Guess they would have to be numbered or something and the blanket owner would have to get a card with the same number so he could evict a squatter when he showed up. But, it would solve all this seat marking BS and the promoter could pocket some extra cash.

It couldn't be worse than what happens now.

8 members like this post: dkdorkboy, Eatin Dirt, ossuks, PAW, ronmil, smith19, tim brown, Wingman
7/10/13, 5:46 PM   #20
BrentTFunk

I don't have seats saved at Gas City, but I am going anyway. You can see the whole track from every seat. As for the guy who sits where he wants no matter what, I won't interfere if some one is stomping you into a mudhole. That pushes rude to a whole new level. The rule is what it is, who are you to think you are above it?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > ISW seat marking