IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Honda1 Mean anything for the teams or just USAC
6/30/13, 6:20 AM   #1
Honda1 Mean anything for the teams or just USAC
king rowdy

Yeah I race Focus still but I love to race and that is all that is in my budget, Since we are already going broke doing this is the latest "move" for USAC going to do anything for us or just them again. I mean they already can't afford to pay the teams apparently since they dropped all the payouts except to the USAC board ! Now they want us to drop another $8000 buying motors that USAC traded to Honda rather than giving the teams any hope of making a nickel doing this...No wonder showing teams that you are trying to drive for that you are a USAC champion just gives them a good laugh.......

4 members like this post: MEAT, okie, ossuks, Spindler31
6/30/13, 9:01 AM   #2
Re: Honda1 Mean anything for the teams or just USAC
ossuks

Quote:
Originally Posted by king rowdy View Post
Yeah I race Focus still but I love to race and that is all that is in my budget, Since we are already going broke doing this is the latest "move" for USAC going to do anything for us or just them again. I mean they already can't afford to pay the teams apparently since they dropped all the payouts except to the USAC board ! Now they want us to drop another $8000 buying motors that USAC traded to Honda rather than giving the teams any hope of making a nickel doing this...No wonder showing teams that you are trying to drive for that you are a USAC champion just gives them a good laugh.......
Maybe not post of the year, but the line "they dropped the payout except to the USAC board" gets my vote for line of the year!

2 members like this post: mowerman, PIT CART
6/30/13, 9:16 AM   #3
CTtoPA

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 4

USAC sprint car payouts went from $4,000 to $5,000 in the past couple of years, no? Does anybody have the full payout for midgets/sprints/silver crown?

Posted via Mobile Device

7/1/13, 1:21 AM   #4
Shopboss

I'm sure USAC will make sure you get a Honda sticker and a t shirt for buying that new motor. LOL!!!!! You'll never make a dime racing but at $100 to win thats about a slap in the face. Just my 2 cents.

7/1/13, 6:24 AM   #5
lilrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTtoPA View Post
USAC sprint car payouts went from $4,000 to $5,000 in the past couple of years, no? Does anybody have the full payout for midgets/sprints/silver crown?

Posted via Mobile Device
Everything has gone up in price except the purse. My dad won the Hoosier 100 in the early 80's and it paid 10k to win. I think it's 9k now.. In sure sure midget purses have been cut too. Sprints are Usac's only saving grace. $.02

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: DaveP63, mowerman, racephoto1, TWO FIVE
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Honda1 Mean anything for the teams or just USAC