IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Updates
6/29/13, 12:32 AM   #111
Re: Bloomington Speedway Updates
Chris Nunn

Race Count This Year: 20

Ross Rankine upside down on the start of the midget feature. He's ok

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/29/13, 12:35 AM   #112
Chris Nunn

Clauson is out as well.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/29/13, 12:39 AM   #113
Chris Nunn

Yellow lap three for Kevin Studley. It's been a war for three laps. Davey ray leads

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
6/29/13, 12:43 AM   #114
Chris Nunn

Brown flips while leading after contact with a lapped car!!!

Posted via Mobile Device

6/29/13, 12:58 AM   #115
Chris Nunn

WOW what a feature in the midgets! Daum wins a thriller over bright and Shuman

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, jim goerge, racegal
6/29/13, 2:11 AM   #116
cleatziff

Great features

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: Andrew S. Quinn, racefan20
6/29/13, 2:11 AM   #117
Sprinter56

All I know is the best of the best run well on big small wet or dry. We are not the all mighty baby Jesus we didn't request the rain but everyone that is actually on a budget would much rather see 8 track that has a little water on it then the ******** they prepared last week that cost car owners $800 in tires for $1500 feature. More water the better and we have one motor with 750 HP. Seems to be all it takes so I say install a sprinkler system and run a sup pup to the creek and wire the timers on wide open

Posted via Mobile Device

3 members like this post: Charles Nungester, colt45, welder
6/29/13, 2:36 AM   #118
INRacingFan

Race Count This Year: 10
Race Count Last Year: 20

For those of you that left early, SHAME ON YOU!
Aside from maybe the Micro-Feature, the other 4 (Hornet Make-up included) were fast, furious, and wild! They all were flat out, beatin' n' banging, tight fought and exciting events! (The Micro's had a very fast event that was shortened slightly for time and most of the action was for 2nd thru 4th)

The rain certainly made the track fast, as it reminded me of a MASS race back some six to eight years ago when a 15 minute downpour soaked the track a bit worse than the roughly 30 minute light rain shower of tonight. But it got worked in and the feature was a blazing fast and furious race! Tonight was similar, though the track a lot narrower due to all the rain (some 2+ inches) from nearly all week. Bear in mind, Bloomington doesn't really have the track equipment to deal with that much water.

Curiously, I do wonder whatever happened to the tiller-tractor they had towards the middle part of last season? I think it's certainly time to get it back out and keep it available and retire some of the other equipment. Either way, hopefully the weather will cooperate this week to allow time to really put some work in Turn 1 which has been utterly rough and form several holes the past few weeks.

Finally, glad to see all the driver's who had trouble tonight come out okay. Especially Bryan H. who took an absolute high-flying ride into the wall and fence in turn 1 in his Sprinter. While it's rare to see a car get near the actual fence, I do hope the Bloomington Speedway staff will take a long hard look and strongly consider updating it as soon as possible.

All in all, not too bad of a night. Good luck to everyone tomorrow!

2 members like this post: dusty tracks, racefan20
6/29/13, 2:46 AM   #119
hoosier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheelsinthekoosh View Post
Settle down don. It can't be a dry slick track top to bottom every week for you guys.

Posted via Mobile Device
Typical Billy.. always sticking your nose where it doesn't belong. Always the smart mouth comments..I have no respect left for you after bashing Paul Hazen and his equipment early in the spring. Talk about us all you want. Until Brady's accident tonight he's had 16 top five finishes thus far and 4 wins. Bet you wish you were in our ride huh?
Crystal Pottorff

Posted via Mobile Device

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: cope42, SPD 37
6/29/13, 4:17 AM   #120
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

For those that left early. Neener, Neener, Got home at 4am myself but after two of the best dang features I've seen at Bloominton in not years, DECADES. I heard people complaining about the Curb yadda yadda and I watched two people run above it the whole features and came from 16th to 4fth (Was third) Hunter and Alex Bright from 18th to 2nd.

Congrats to Casey Shuman and Daum on their wins. Casey was on Daum the last five laps in the midget feature as well but had to check up and Bright got under him.

JUST FLAT AWESOME as I said a couple weeks ago about the Burg, The tracks are always best with so much water you can barely run em in! Less Spins, Less wrecks, Less burnt off tires.

Really Hope Brady Short and Brian Hayden are OK, Both were nasty dumps. Think Brian gets the altitude record for the year.

Thanks to all the teams and for Bloomington sticking it out and getting it in, Thanks to all the Hornet and SPrint drivers who came out to get this show in as well. I left at one, bet it was 2 by the time you hornets ran.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 6/29/13 at 4:19 AM.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway Updates