IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo update?
6/5/13, 10:39 PM   #1
Kokomo update?
pepprdig

Anyone have any results from Kokomo? Havent seen anything except the 43 sprints.
Thanks!

6/5/13, 10:50 PM   #2
staggerman

Sign on to Dirtvision.com the A main will be up as soon as the thunder cars finish. Not sure why they need a support class there. Running a little late after 2 fence repairs.

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: MEAT, pepprdig
6/5/13, 11:14 PM   #3
treecitytornado

I always used to listen to DirtVision in the past, but for some reason it isn't working on my phone the past few times. I have a Droid 4.

Posted via Mobile Device

6/5/13, 11:50 PM   #4
Re: Kokomo update?
Flatrightrear

Tim Kaeding wins.

6/6/13, 12:53 AM   #5
Justigit

Fantastic race tonight with Tim Kaeding winning with second going to Shane Stewart who made a bid to win at the flag, but came up about a half a car short.
Shane Stewart, Kyle Larson and Tim Kaeding put on one heck of a show with Larson and Kaeding swapping leads several times before Larson settled in with a few car lengths lead.
It looked like he was on his way to the win riding the rim when coming out of turn 2 with 8 laps to go the #6 car started down the track and Larson had no where to go causing him to spin, but he kept it going and no yellow which may have cost Larson the feature win.
Tony Stewart ran a solid 4th place for much of the feature before fading in the closing laps.
Sammy Swindell missed the race with a sour motor before starting the B-main.
Overall a good nite of racing and thanks to Kokomo Speedway for a great track and all their hard work

4 members like this post: fish, Gee2, jerrydt, racing2bwithu2
6/6/13, 1:08 AM   #6
Justigit

Kokomo Speedway
A-main finish 1-10 - 83-Kaeding, 3G-Stewart, W20-Wilson, 4-Darrah, 9-Pittman, 77X-Johnson, 14-Stewart, 11K-K. Kinser, 15-Schatz, 7-Dollansky
A-main finish (11-20) - 7S-Sides, 6-Gravel, 11-S. Kinser, 2-Blaney, 9W-Wimmer, 4S-Smith, 63-Kemenah, 1K-Larson
A-main finish (21-25) - 21X-Shuman, 6R-Rose, 59-Haudenschild, 29-Madsen, 71M-Saldana
Kudos to Shuman for making the feature, other mostly non wingers tonight included WesMac, Parker Price-Miller, Gary Taylor, A.J.Martin

1 member likes this post: fish
6/6/13, 2:31 AM   #7
RxIxCxH

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: Lots

Great night at Kokomo. Perfect field of cars, lots of passing all night. Jason Sides took the lead going into turn 1 and almost wrecked coming off of 2. Kyle Larsen is a natural, he came from 9th to 3rd in the dash almost unheard of with the outlaws and was leading the feature when lapped traffic became a problem. Shane Stewart showed he belongs on the WoO tour full time, the guy is really good. Sammy and Steve continued to struggle, it ain't 1985 anymore.

4 members like this post: 5JMOFFATTFAN!, fish, Gee2, jerrydt
6/6/13, 3:01 AM   #8
eagleyephotos

Battle for the lead late in the race...

6/6/13, 3:41 AM   #9
RxIxCxH

Race Count This Year: 25
Race Count Last Year: Lots

take notice race track owners. the bottom groove (shortest) is completely flat, almost reverse bank. the middle groove is slightly banked and the top (longest) is the highest banked part of the track. this is a very good race track design. if your race track has too many cars running at the bottom flatten it out and add it to the top. the results are happy fans that tell their buddies where to see great races. thank you kokomo, you give all of us hope that racing can be healthy and fun for the future.

6/6/13, 10:49 AM   #10
EBookerFan

This was my first WOO at this track. I heard that this was the 22nd appearance for WOO at Kokomo. Great night for racing,large turnout of cars and a competive feature race. With the addition of Tony Stewart and Kyle Larson to the regulars, it made for an enjoyable evening. As my son picked Larson for the win, I picked Keading and won the bet. Now I can go back next year.
Last edited by EBookerFan; 6/6/13 at 11:33 AM. Reason: correcting spelling

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Kokomo update?