IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 50k to win from last?
5/16/13, 12:04 PM   #21
Re: 50k to win from last?
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

How about making it the last night of the Smackdown at Kokomo. Really get the guys up on the wheel.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

5/16/13, 12:35 PM   #22
goat

What about the indy 500 or brickyard 400?

5/16/13, 12:38 PM   #23
goat

What about Indy 500 or Brickyard 400?

1 member likes this post: mud goodsleeve
5/16/13, 12:49 PM   #24
darnall

Quote:
Originally Posted by wideopen24 View Post
Most of the time the Bonus money is actually "Insured". The track would have to pay a fee only... If someone did in fact win from the tail the track would not be the one to come up with the 50k the person, company, or whatever would then pay up. I believe this is how TMAC Promotions does in at Osky! It would be fun to have an event like that here in Indiana!
That is exactly right...TMAC buys a policy to cover the 50K should somebody actually get the job done...with winged cars on a flat half mile the odds are very slim that it can actually be done..about as slim as the golf tournaments I play in that promise a brand new car to somebody who can make a hole in one on a particular hole (also covered by an insurance policy).

With nonwingers on any track I would say that the odds are much much greater that somebody could get it done. And as analytic and statistical as the policy providers are, I am quite sure the policy would cost significantly more than TMAC has to pay for the front row challenge.

And if I recall correctly...I think Haud actually took the challenge and won the deal the first or second year they did a front row challenge...but I am not 100% sure about this...I do know that there has been somebody come close 3-4 times....coming from the back to the the top 2 or 3

5/16/13, 3:05 PM   #25
johnnythunderhead
Banned

after the shellacking lloyds took on the cra bonuses, i seriously doubt if they'd consider another policy to anyone if it involved sprint car racing

Posted via Mobile Device

5/16/13, 3:40 PM   #26
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurstBros0 View Post
Here`s how you do it. Start 20 cars . Before the feature get all the drivers who made the show to put their name in a hat. The guy whose name gets drawn is the designated start from the tail rabbit. Start him on the tail with the understanding that when you see the rabbit , don`t make it obvious , but let him go. Then when he wins give him 10,000 and split the other 40,000 19 ways . With the normal purse and an extra 2100 bucks a spot thru the field, it would be a good paying night for all the racers.
Might as well make it obvious and have everyone but the rabbit stop on the first lap and get sent to the tail...............

5/16/13, 3:44 PM   #27
Charles Nungester

Race Count Last Year: 14

Didn't Dickie Gaines win the 30g at Osky?. Don't know if that was just to win or from the tail but I know he won a big one and was at the Mopar Million when he took a hundred G for third.

5/16/13, 3:48 PM   #28
Andrew S. Quinn

They never did the Challenge for the non wing race at Osky. It USED to be known as "The one night stand for 30 Grand"

And Gaines did win that one time after a late race restart with Zach Chappel leading and Gaines and Hockett 2nd and third. When the green light came back on those 3 swapped positions about a hundred times in the last 3 laps,and Gaines won.

Years later Hockett asked me one time what I thought a good race was,and I asked him if he remembered those 3 laps,and he did,and I told him thats what I consider a good race.
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 5/16/13 at 3:54 PM.

2 members like this post: Charles Nungester, jim goerge
5/16/13, 5:29 PM   #29
cowboyhar69

Remember this one?....14 years ago this summer at the Hulman Classic...Terry Pletch started 21st inside the last row and won!!

Tim Wolffrum aka Cowboy

2 members like this post: BrentTFunk, jim goerge
5/16/13, 5:37 PM   #30
oppweld

Race Count Last Year: 25

The front row challenge was only done successfully one time. Jac Haudenshield won it.

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > 50k to win from last?