IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Car queston
5/13/13, 12:03 PM   #21
Re: Indy Car queston
suade82

Quote:
Originally Posted by backitin View Post
What in my opinion has ruined pretty much all types of racing is the perception that faster is always better. Faster, Faster, Faster. There comes a time when outright speed and tech makes for crappier racing i.e. winged cars. For someone who was raised around racing when you actually built you own car, engine ect. racing has lost most all of its luster and intrigue.
That and with a faster race, that means less time to drink less beer.

5/16/13, 1:10 AM   #22
johnnythunderhead
Banned

confusous say: "what clate cars bling in the ray of equawity they lack in ray of betta mousetlap"

Posted via Mobile Device

5/16/13, 12:57 PM   #23
Re: Indy Car queston
darnall

I just wish they would quit mandating a new spec every year, and get rid of a bunch of the details for the 500....it would be really cool if some short track guy could go hustle up enough money to buy a 3 year old car, throw whatever engine he could find in it, and make a qualifying attempt...like it used to be...that can never happen if they make everybody use the new spec chassis every year or 2 and obsolete the previous years car.

As for the car they have now, I do feel that it has created some really good racing the last year and a half, but it would sure be cool if ever IOW member could throw 100 bucks in a hat and generate enough money for Stanbrough to get in a 4 year old car and take a crack at making the grid.

1 member likes this post: tntbusco
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Indy Car queston