IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Returns!
4/24/13, 6:51 AM   #11
Murry2112

Race Count This Year: 8

My son remembers this place as "the rain track" from Sprint Week last year. We are making the drive north and also catching the silver crown race Sunday. Can't wait!

Posted via Mobile Device

4/24/13, 7:03 AM   #12
Re: Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Returns!
Dyno Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtfan98 View Post
as much as I love this track cause its my home track, I wish when usac is there they would only run one support class!!jmo that said im still excited and will b there!
I do not understand why some tracks feel they have to run so many support classes. The way I look at it, is most of the USAC fans do not care about bomber or street stocks and the people that do like those classes are not going to pay USAC ticket prices. I have seen people come to an USAC show thinking it was a regular show and when they saw the ticket price, they turned around a left.

I am old enough to remember when USAC came to town there were none or only one support class. Then greed kicked in. I remember going to THAT on a Sunday afternoon and they had USAC only. Racing started a two and I would be back home in Indy by 5:30. What really ticks me off is Sprint Week when some tracks more or less thumb their nose at USAC and Sprint Wee drivers by running so many classes. These teams have to pack all their stuff and move on to the next track and some promoters have no compassion for the race team while the locals just go home.

4/24/13, 7:25 AM   #13
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
I do not understand why some tracks feel they have to run so many support classes.
Which is why you are not a track promoter.

4/24/13, 3:45 PM   #14
BeerCloud

im thinkin that USAC alone should be able to put atleast 3000 adult butts in the seats. @ $25.00 a pop, it should be more than enough to cover expenses for the night.(25.00 x 3000 = $75,000). Thats only front gate money with no concessions.

But that being said, I personally don't mind the support classes. They work on their cars all week long and sink a good percentage of their hard earned $$$ into em as well. The sprint cars are obviously the headliners (of all forms of racing imo) but the support classes are racers as well. Let em go racin...

4 members like this post: dirt330, mtek56, SHORTBUS, Tim Watson
4/24/13, 4:13 PM   #15
Tim Watson

I like the support classes. Sometimes i watch, sometimes i visit, sometimes hit the concession and or souvenier stand or last but not least, hit the parking lot for one of these.....

4/24/13, 4:31 PM   #16
Milly

Maybe 3000 people during sprint week but not a regular USAC show. Support classes are needed to pay the bills and keep the track operating. USAC is expensive! Want to risk your own money with Sprints only? I don't think so! : )

Posted via Mobile Device

2 members like this post: cwfan08, SHORTBUS
4/24/13, 4:39 PM   #17
PJ Wright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyno Don View Post
Then greed kicked in.
What you call greed, I call survival.
You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same. Copied from the back of the #16 supermodified.

6 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cwfan08, mowerman, Mud Packer, ronmil, SHORTBUS
4/24/13, 9:19 PM   #18
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

I love coming out to Indiana as seeing all the support classes. Sprints and Midgets are the hi-lite, but I'm enjoying the Street Stock, Modifieds and the Hornets too. Even back home it's pretty rare for me to leave before the last race of the night is over. I love it all!

4 members like this post: dirt330, dkdorkboy, PJ Wright, tennesseeracefan
4/24/13, 9:47 PM   #19
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I don't mind three classes as long as the second is Mods. There are enough travelers that I ususally know a few at any track I visit and therefore have some favorites.

The third is normally used as restroom and concession breaks.

BTW, IS THAT GOO AWEFUL BERM GOING TO BE HALF WAY OUT IN THE TRAcK ANYMORE? I had no problem with the tires other than they'd keep moving them in. I agree they shouldn't race on the infield but man that track got way narrow and looks to be causing a bunch of collisions.

Just my view.

1 member likes this post: 2HWrench
4/24/13, 9:57 PM   #20
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Folks... the support class argument is a non-issue. The track has ran the USAC portion of the events through with limited support class races in between for the past couple years.

Some of you guys must not have very good memories.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, jim goerge, ronmil
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Lincoln Park Speedway-USAC Returns!