Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terra Haute?,
4/23/13, 8:43 PM   #21
Re: Terra Haute?,
dirtnonwingfan

Race Count This Year: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by groove grabber View Post
Thanks for the support, its nice to know that the love of bashing exceeds the excitement of the season and the success of the series. I know Ive spent 100's of hrs in the shop working on the cars just so the product can be ran down and support can diminish. Hell id rather run 50 green flag laps than to count the caution laps for a hundred. I just dont get it...... We as racers complain and use leverage to get what we want, then when we get it and excitement starts to build again, someone forgets to read the memo that the bashing is over and its time to go racing and have fun..... whatta ya say? lets give it a try?
Believe me, a whole lot of us appreciate it. A few folks on here would rather complain than do anything else. Ignore them.

7 members like this post: dirt330, erich45, Jbaldwin, jim goerge, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, ROSS
4/24/13, 6:19 AM   #22
parnelli_86

Car count doesn't matter at THAT. Plain and simple. The track doesn't disappoint, especially with Track Enterprises doing track prep. I would go, but I can't get out of working Sunday. Besides anyone with a sense of reality should have a huge amount of respect for the sheer skill it takes to race a crown car at speed. Well worth the trip.

1 member likes this post: billwill7
4/24/13, 6:47 AM   #23
Murry2112

Race Count This Year: 8

This will be my first time seeing the champ cars run. I've been to Terre Haute a number of times and even my (almost) 4 year old will tell you the racing is great. We are excited to see something new!

Posted via Mobile Device

4 members like this post: Danny Burton, dirt330, ronmil, SETracing
4/24/13, 5:06 PM   #24
BrentTFunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossuks View Post
There will be less than 20 this week and they will be racing for 25 miles. USAC at its finest!!
We get it. You are bitter. I will also bet you they have more cars Sunday than they brought to Salem when you worked for them. How many did you have that day? I guess the more things change, the more they stay the same. I find it funny the same things you say to bash USAC, are the same things people said about you. I will be there Sunday.
Last edited by BrentTFunk; 4/24/13 at 5:11 PM.

9 members like this post: Coach, cowboyhar69, cwfan08, dirt330, jim goerge, Jonr, ROSS, speed bump, Vukie
4/24/13, 6:02 PM   #25
mortboyz

...so will I.

3 members like this post: BrentTFunk, cowboyhar69, sw1911
4/24/13, 6:38 PM   #26
sprntr

Wish I could but the checkbook says no.

Have fun & a BEER for me!!

steiny

4/24/13, 6:50 PM   #27
sw1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnelli_86 View Post
Car count doesn't matter at THAT. Plain and simple. The track doesn't disappoint, especially with Track Enterprises doing track prep. I would go, but I can't get out of working Sunday. Besides anyone with a sense of reality should have a huge amount of respect for the sheer skill it takes to race a crown car at speed. Well worth the trip.
This is a good point. The 14-car MSCS race with Smoke graciously being number 14 was nonetheless a good race as far as I was concerned. It was sure worth the drive from Madison County IL.

1 member likes this post: BrentTFunk
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Terra Haute?,