IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anyone recognize this tail tank?
4/6/13, 9:21 AM   #11
Re: Anyone recognize this tail tank?
rrc

Well, another vote was for Mike Thurman as far as the tank goes. Would anyone be able to put me in touch with him? thanks

4/6/13, 10:24 AM   #12
Last Lap

That looks like Mike's tank. Mike was from Farmington Mo. I don't know if he still lives there or not?

1 member likes this post: rrc
4/11/13, 8:39 PM   #13
rrc

Well, I did get in touch with Mike Thurman who lives in Missouri and it definately was his tank. It was on his 1988 Oz car.So now I need to find out how it came together with this 1982 Nance frame. This frame has side bars added on the cage. Duke Cook ran a Nance like this but it was prior to 1982.Now i'm thinking this frame could be from Missouri or Illinois in addition to Indiana even though it was picked up in southern indiana.So I'm hoping someone from the different states may see this post and recognize the frame. I appreciate everyones responses and input. Sometime you never do establish the origin of a car but I can't quit yet...

2 members like this post: interpreter66, luckybuc97
4/12/13, 9:13 AM   #14
TQ29m

AJ Watson always reminded me, that sometimes ya gotta go with what ya got, sometimes there is no "history", these things changed hands more often than some of the guys changed underwear, your lucky you got a piece of it, fact or fiction. Looks like a good project. Bob

4/14/13, 11:27 AM   #15
generv

how about Roger and Nick Adams?

4/14/13, 12:33 PM   #16
rrc

Thanks for the reply. I'm not familiar with either.Where are they from?

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Anyone recognize this tail tank?