IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Reduce Spinal injuries
3/14/13, 7:18 AM   #1
Reduce Spinal injuries
Bad Dad 54

Spinal Injury Risk are reduced with The Crash Pad from 802solutions.com. In a crash the car can hit the ground hard with the bottom of the frame driving the weight of your head and helmet down on your spine like a pile driver. This is what can fracture vertebrae and break your neck or back. The Crash Pad solution is engineered to provide space and shock absorption needed to reduce the impact Gs. Find out more at their website at 802Solutions.com. It's worth a look anyways

1 member likes this post: babcock14d
3/14/13, 9:47 AM   #2
Re: Reduce Spinal injuries
Tony74

That sounds good, but when that is compressed you would create space in your belts. Which if you have another hit is not so great

4 members like this post: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, darnall, Todd Kimmel
3/16/13, 11:27 AM   #3
kc1

So maybe find a safe way to attach the belts to the seat, (that`s the hard part) and then mount a compression substance between the seat and the frame. Hmmmmmm?

3/16/13, 12:31 PM   #4
TQ29m

Everything is relative, in this situation, the torque tube needs a space of it's own, to allow the up and down motion of the rear end, a collision between the seat and the torque tube isn't a good thing, if you land on the tires, they absorb some of the stop, then the chassis bottoms out, and that is pretty much where the transfer to your back begins, if you race long enough, you will eventually have this happen, altho I think my worst one was in a go-kart, on a road course, we had a long straight, then a 90 degree to the right, then back left, and if you didn't hit it just right, you'd scrub off a lot of speed, too fast, and the back would come loose, and you'd back into a tall curb, I saw it coming, but there was no way I could support my neck and back from that sudden stop, that's been at least 30 yrs ago, and it bothers me yet. I don't know of anything that would help, maybe don't get in a race car, or, maybe mount the seat on 4, 1950 Chevy muffler mounts! Bob
Last edited by TQ29m; 3/16/13 at 12:32 PM.

3/16/13, 1:31 PM   #5
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
Everything is relative, in this situation, the torque tube needs a space of it's own, to allow the up and down motion of the rear end, a collision between the seat and the torque tube isn't a good thing, if you land on the tires, they absorb some of the stop, then the chassis bottoms out, and that is pretty much where the transfer to your back begins, if you race long enough, you will eventually have this happen, altho I think my worst one was in a go-kart, on a road course, we had a long straight, then a 90 degree to the right, then back left, and if you didn't hit it just right, you'd scrub off a lot of speed, too fast, and the back would come loose, and you'd back into a tall curb, I saw it coming, but there was no way I could support my neck and back from that sudden stop, that's been at least 30 yrs ago, and it bothers me yet. I don't know of anything that would help, maybe don't get in a race car, or, maybe mount the seat on 4, 1950 Chevy muffler mounts! Bob
We plan to run an inventory reduction sale on the Chevy muffler mounts and Franklin radiator caps in the near future.

Honest Dad himself

3/16/13, 6:31 PM   #6
backitin

no need to try to fix what isnt broken. watch some race footage of the old days, you'll then marvel on how safe racing is today.

3/16/13, 9:07 PM   #7
Todd Kimmel

Butlerbuilt EZsert. Basically the same thing but it molds to your butt. Lots of happy customers. Proven results.

Todd Kimmel

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Reduce Spinal injuries