IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum

Register! Forgot Password?
luckybuc97 (Offline)
  #11 2/17/13 7:26 PM
Get well soon Bill, I saw this happen many yrs. ago at Tri State where the rr blew and came in grabbing the drivers arm turned him into the wall and turned him over hard, don't remember the drivers name but hurt him pretty bad.
Dgentry51 (Offline)
  #12 2/17/13 8:07 PM
Originally Posted by luckybuc97:
Get well soon Bill, I saw this happen many yrs. ago at Tri State where the rr blew and came in grabbing the drivers arm turned him into the wall and turned him over hard, don't remember the drivers name but hurt him pretty bad.
Lee Blesch

Posted via Mobile Device
Dirtfan (Offline)
  #13 2/17/13 8:38 PM
"According to Bill's crew, the surgery to put a plate and screws in his arm went very well. He's expected to be released from the hospital tomorrow, and has told his crew he plans to be back behind the wheel in 2 1/2 weeks when the World of Outlaws STP Sprint Car Series returns to action at Las Vegas Motor Speedway."

Best wishes for a Speedy Recovery Bill!

Dan Hetser

"Today is a Gift, Tomorrow is not Promised"
8 Likes: 1st, addictedtodirt, Danny Burton, luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, racegal, speed bump
boomer (Offline)
  #14 2/17/13 8:46 PM
just talked to bill rose from fl. hospital, lr tire expoded in heat race & went thru side panel & arm guard. had surgery today,plate & screws in left arm. he gets out around noon monday & will head home.
6 Likes: 1st, EBookerFan, luckybuc97, Pat O'Connor Fan, PJ Wright, racegal
chadsniffsmethanol (Offline)
  #15 2/17/13 9:20 PM
Hope Bill makes a speedy recovery.

Originally Posted by Dgentry51:
Lee Blesch

Posted via Mobile Device
I was real young when this happened, Lee drove the 66 car. I was told Lee's steering link broke and dug in causing the car to flip violently. Breaking his arm and more. One of those crashes I'll never forget seeing, first time I remember having the realization hit me that sprint cars can turn on you in a heart beat.
Rpracing1 (Offline)
  #16 2/18/13 12:49 AM
Originally Posted by Dgentry51:
Lee Blesch

Posted via Mobile Device
Wasn't this car like a Hot Pink or something like that?
Stevensville Mike (Offline)
  #17 2/18/13 1:01 AM
On a sidebar, Danny Smith drove Bill's car in the Feature last night with a provisional, and drove it again tonight. Went to the Feature with another provisional.
boomer (Offline)
  #18 2/18/13 6:09 PM
Bill has been released from the hospital and is heading home.
4 Likes: 1st, luckybuc97, PJ Wright, speed bump
Dgentry51 (Offline)
  #19 2/18/13 6:22 PM
Yes hot pink,I actually have the hood and cowling , nose off this car,same colors

Posted via Mobile Device
2 Likes: luckybuc97, speed bump
Flatrightrear (Offline)
  #20 2/19/13 1:01 AM
As I recall Lee is from Holland, IN. and was sponsored by Sandy's Pizza but I could be wrong.