IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Closed Thread  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting
2/12/13, 4:22 PM   #41
cmiracingvids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylo82 View Post
If any series decided to go with a stock motor on gas, limited to a couple of manufactures motors with no add ons (stock injectors, air box, etc) I'd run with them every weekend.

I'll never understand the logic of spending $10k on a motor to win $500.

Posted via Mobile Device
This is just my personal opinion...but if you run for money...ANY money, people will spend whatever it takes to win. That being said, I think the purses of all racing classes need to be evaluated. 500 to win is great...but it's like 10th on back is 50 bucks. We all spend money, lots of money, to race. Why can't it be more like 200 to win and 50 is last with 5 dollar increments from 50 on up. ie. 50 for 20th, 55 for 19th 60 for 18th etc. That would make a more even payout, and the purse is probably pretty close to what it is now. I haven't don't the math, but I'll check.

Just my .02

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: Phylo82
2/12/13, 4:26 PM   #42
Re: meeting
pjohnson

ok im going and buying a Bmw damit. I hate spec racing is Nascar running minisprint racing now. great we could have a two hour tech line. Montpelier looks good with the right rules lets race. By the way Brownstown and Bloominton do have races just not for some cars.

1 member likes this post: DAD
2/12/13, 4:27 PM   #43
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by minisprinter View Post
I'd like to see a series where all the motors were either Suzuki, Kawasaki or Honda, 1000cc. Nothing newer than 05-06. There are plenty of them out there that are reasonably priced.what no yamaha!!!!!!

Posted via Mobile Device
He also left out BMW must have something against the gosh darned Dutch!

Honest Dad himself

2/12/13, 4:32 PM   #44
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmiracingvids View Post
This is just my personal opinion...but if you run for money...ANY money, people will spend whatever it takes to win. That being said, I think the purses of all racing classes need to be evaluated. 500 to win is great...but it's like 10th on back is 50 bucks. We all spend money, lots of money, to race. Why can't it be more like 200 to win and 50 is last with 5 dollar increments from 50 on up. ie. 50 for 20th, 55 for 19th 60 for 18th etc. That would make a more even payout, and the purse is probably pretty close to what it is now. I haven't don't the math, but I'll check.

Just my .02

Posted via Mobile Device
We race even harder for plastic trophies. Who needs money.Why can't we find a few million-air promoters,? Have you looked in the grand stands lately?
Elections have consequences!

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/12/13 at 4:38 PM.

3 members like this post: pjohnson, slidewayz28, Wayne Davis
2/12/13, 4:34 PM   #45
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
ok im going and buying a Bmw damit. I hate spec racing is Nascar running minisprint racing now. great we could have a two hour tech line. Montpelier looks good with the right rules lets race. By the way Brownstown and Bloominton do have races just not for some cars.
Buy a track and open it up to any upright mini sprint running whatever they want, no rules....let's see how many cars show up when the team with $25k in their car wins every weekend.

I'd prefer to see the team with the best driver and setup win.

Posted via Mobile Device
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

1 member likes this post: pjohnson
2/12/13, 4:35 PM   #46
Phylo82

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
We race even harder for plastic trophies. Who needs money.

Honest Dad himself
I have a crap load of plastic trophies taking up space in my basement.....come and get them, free to a good home.

Posted via Mobile Device
#13e Maxim Sprint
Owner, Crew Chief, Pit Crew, Hauler, Check Writer, Grunt

2/12/13, 4:38 PM   #47
buckshot3448

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjohnson View Post
LOL i love hearing people talk about running the BMW motor, talk about an expensive motor. Wich brings me to my next point. we priced are selves out of the motors. greedy racers got ahold of motors and the ability to buy salvage bikes for next to nothing and charge 1,500 2,000 for a bone stock motor when really it should be 800-1,000. I also dont believe there becoming hard to find or ever will be hard to find. I can find a motor almost any day of the week thats decently priced. If I had the money I would be stocking up on them instead i spend my money on setup and tires something more important. There will always be someone complainging about motors till there never is racing wich i hope doesnt happen. But someone will say your cheating and your motor is big if you run good thats just racing and its always been that way. next time they say your cheating take it as a compliment on all the hard work you did.

2 members like this post: DAD, pjohnson
2/12/13, 4:45 PM   #48
cwhipple
Inactive Member

"I like bone stock, pistons, rods, cranks, valves and cams, and trans gears. Allow external parts like injection, Power commanders, ign boxes and pumps and pans."

Sounds good to me... Stock motors converted to run alky. Allow the power commander and auto tune for those of us that don't have a dyno local or want to drive 8 hours to find one!

At the end of the day it would be nice to go to the track and feel that I had a legitimate shot at running in the top 50% of the field without a $25,000 car.

That being said, until I get my car handling it doesn't matter what the competition runs. If I can't flat-foot it around the track I don't deserve to run up front!

Having a local track like Waynesfield is huge for me. I am about 8 miles away from the track and don't have the $$$ to haul this thing hours away to run for 100 bucks!

Hopefully everyone can put things in perspective and remember at the end of the day it should be the best driver with the best setup holding the flag!!

I applaud Waynesfield for keeping the Mini Sprints alive in this area. They could have easily been dropped with the transition to the big track! I've seen that happen in the past and everyone ends up with a nice boat anchor sitting in their garage.
Last edited by cwhipple; 2/12/13 at 4:47 PM.

3 members like this post: buckshot3448, hoscalecody, RickyBobby
2/12/13, 4:46 PM   #49
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phylo82 View Post
I have a crap load of plastic trophies taking up space in my basement.....come and get them, free to a good home.

Posted via Mobile Device
And you have a "***** pot" invested in them also! But it was fun, so what the hey.

Honest Dad himself

2/12/13, 4:48 PM   #50
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwhipple View Post
"I like bone stock, pistons, rods, cranks, valves and cams, and trans gears. Allow external parts like injection, Power commanders, ign boxes and pumps and pans."

Sounds good to me... Stock motors converted to run alky. Allow the power commander and auto tune for those of us that don't have a dyno local or want to drive 8 hours to find one!

At the end of the day it would be nice to go to the track and feel that I had a legitimate shot at running in the top 50% of the field without a $25,000 car.

That being said, until I get my car handling it doesn't matter what the competition runs. If I can't flat-foot it around the track I don't deserve to run up front!

Having a local track like Waynesfield is huge for me. I am about 8 miles away from the track and don't have the $$$ to haul this thing hours away to run for 100 bucks!

Hopefully everyone can put things in perspective and remember at the end of the day it should be the best driver with the best setup holding the flag!!

I applaud Waynesfield for keeping the Mini Sprints alive in this area. They could have easily been dropped with the transition to the big track! I've seen that happen in the past and everyone ends up with a nice boat anchor sitting in their garage.

That being said, a good handling car
This post was really meant for buckshot but when you get old you sometimes screw up.

You are way out in left field, don't you know nothing about racing!!!

CW , check out Chris Bonds and ask them about set up.
Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 2/12/13 at 4:54 PM.

Closed Thread Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > meeting