IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier 100 on Thursday
1/7/13, 7:25 PM   #1
Hoosier 100 on Thursday
steve004

Oh this I great news........ USAC says that "it makes perfect sense". I strongly disagree. It will be impossible to get my group to make arrangements to get here from Michigan. We took pride in doing the 100, little 5, indy(if we felt like it) and Kokomo in one weekend. Now where do we go on Friday? I'm upset. USAC will regret this.

1 member likes this post: dirtball
1/7/13, 7:38 PM   #2
Re: Hoosier 100 on Thursday
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve004 View Post
Oh this I great news........ USAC says that "it makes perfect sense". I strongly disagree. It will be impossible to get my group to make arrangements to get here from Michigan. We took pride in doing the 100, little 5, indy(if we felt like it) and Kokomo in one weekend. Now where do we go on Friday? I'm upset. USAC will regret this.
You have Bloomington or Gas City on Friday.I dont agree with their reasoning for moving it, I never had a problem making it from Carb Day to the Fairgrounds, usually in time to see some practice and all of quals but it is what it is. Now if you stay for the concert you would have a problem but there were probably few that were sober enough to make it after the concert anyway.

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus

2 members like this post: dirt330, dirtball
1/7/13, 8:51 PM   #3
mr nobody
Banned

Wil someone please disarm USAC? If not they will only keep shooting themselves in the foot to the point they will have no foot left to stand on.

How stupid can one organization be to keep screwing around with something?

2 members like this post: dirtball, team3521
1/7/13, 9:36 PM   #4
Tief

Not happy about this at all. Terre Haute sprints now Wednesday. It just shuffles the whole weekend around. Can't USAC leave anything alone? Might be $35 of my money they don't get this year. Or will it be $40?

1/7/13, 10:04 PM   #5
Jonr

Why is everything a conspiracy? Was this USAC's decision or was it the promoters decision? Just because it does not fit into your schedule does not make it completely wrong.

Which of the three conversations makes the most sense

#1. USAC "We are going to change the schedule of the SC crown race for the he!! of it just to make people mad on IOW." Promoter "OK. I never did like the people on IOW all they do is complain."

#2. Promoter "These SC races are getting harder and harder to promote. I would really like to have a guarnateed rain date for the race" USAC "We could give you a rain date, but it would require you moving the race to Thursday night"

#3. Either Promoter or USAC "The Speedway sure is doing a lot more Friday. Some of it is going late into the afternoon/evening" Either Promoter or USAC "I wonder if this is going to impact the crowd on Friday night" Promoter "I really hope not, this race is getting harder and harder to promote" USAC " Would you like to move the race to Thursday night instead and be the first big attraction of the weekend" Promoter " That sounds great. Hey, could you leave Friday open as a rain date?"

1/7/13, 10:32 PM   #6
steve004

I'm not saying it is a conspiracy, I'm saying it is an awful move. I'm in a group of 4 that will not be there. If they subtract us 4 and find 5-6 to replace those tickets it is worth it but I just cannot see that happening. I'm glad that you mentioned the rain date. Maybe this will be one of the many years it gets rained out and it's run Friday. Is there even a rain date?

Posted via Mobile Device

1/7/13, 11:53 PM   #7
kcarm92

well we never could make it on friday to watch always racing at bloomington now we can go watch big cars on the mile

1 member likes this post: jim goerge
1/8/13, 12:07 AM   #8
dirt330

If a usac, a promotor, or track asked everyone what day or date works best for them we wouldn't have any races. The week of the Indy 500 will have 4 days of racing to choose from. It sure is hard to please everyone when we have racing at least 3 days a week during the racing season. For those who can or can not attend any races be thankful we live in a free country. Its because of our men and women who protect our country.
Last edited by dirt330; 1/8/13 at 12:09 AM.

2 members like this post: fish, JackSam40
1/8/13, 12:07 AM   #9
midgetmaniac

I suspect they made the change to Thurs. so they could have a rain date on Fri. because this race has been rained out quiet a bit here of late.

1/8/13, 1:50 AM   #10
steve004

Dirt330, I get it. There are men and women fighting in a 3rd world country to..... Again, my point is that this is a special weekend. Kinda special. It's Little 500 weekend. Everything else is a bonus including the big cars on the mile on Friday, when everyone is in town. NOT Thursday. I am from Michigan. Until I started back at school, I worked. How the heck can you get fans from 4 hours away to hustle down for a Thursday night race? And....to see so few cars roll 100 laps.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: dirtball
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Hoosier 100 on Thursday