IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway GM
1/6/13, 10:57 AM   #11
dr101minisprint

How can a track be widened without invariably being lengthened? Improving the racing surface to add another lane of racing, i understand. But if it is on the outside.....it will be longer.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/6/13, 3:22 PM   #12
Re: Bloomington Speedway GM
sp6967

the track needs to be at least 1/2 mile,the stands need a major renovation,they need ice cream in pit concession,concession stands need a delivery service,the pits need paved,they need to raise the purse 6.2%,they need an escalator from the spectator gate to the grandstands (who likes an incline?),during those hot summer nights they need misting fans,the 50/50 needs updated to the 60/40(60% to the fan),they need to install a car wash so the fans can wash the red dust off there cars before heading home(free of charge of course),kids under 50 should be admitted free(with paying adult admission).

1/6/13, 3:48 PM   #13
Hurryinhoosier

I would be content to see the old Bloomington Speedway return....then we can work on Scotts list above.

1 member likes this post: babcock14d
1/6/13, 4:27 PM   #14
racingdanger

Wider and steeper.

Posted via Mobile Device

1/6/13, 4:32 PM   #15
indybigjohn

Wonder do he need a fat old cripple for a PR man who works pretty cheap?

1/6/13, 4:36 PM   #16
Jerry Shaw

"Consensus is the absence of leadership." Margaret Thatcher

Winston Churchill

1/7/13, 6:35 PM   #17
EldoraMark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
Hey Dan, what is his background? I don't believe that I have even heard of him before?
Mike I will answer your question. Kris has a good back ground in the sprint community
I met him several years ago. I know that he help on Kevin Briscoe team years ago. He always had a dream to work on a team full time so he took the plunge several years ago. I believe he started to work as a hired wrench on the Trucker team. He then went on to help on Damien Gardner team. The last several years he work as a USAC Official in the sprint division and then in another division for USAC.
He is very laid back and is willing to listen which is the key word. I am sure you will see him around a lot at the track and know he will make a good manager.

3 members like this post: Danny Burton, fridaynightracer, jim goerge
1/7/13, 6:38 PM   #18
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldoraMark View Post
Mike I will answer your question. Kris has a good back ground in the sprint community
I met him several years ago. I know that he help on Kevin Briscoe team years ago. He always had a dream to work on a team full time so he took the plunge several years ago. I believe he started to work as a hired wrench on the Trucker team. He then went on to help on Damien Gardner team. The last several years he work as a USAC Official in the sprint division and then in another division for USAC.
He is very laid back and is willing to listen which is the key word. I am sure you will see him around a lot at the track and know he will make a good manager.
Thanks for the info Mark. Just didn't recognize the name. I wish him nothing but the best.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1/7/13, 6:49 PM   #19
racephoto1

He's a great guy and as easy going as they come. Bloomington did a great job with this hire.

1 member likes this post: babcock14d
1/7/13, 6:53 PM   #20
Hotshoe65s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Shaw View Post
"Consensus is the absence of leadership." Margaret Thatcher
My British ******** professor would love you right now lol.

Posted via Mobile Device

1 member likes this post: slide22
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Bloomington Speedway GM