IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First it was Sandy, now its USAC!!!
12/11/12, 1:17 PM   #11
Re: First it was Sandy, now its USAC!!!
davidm

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 23

Gee Shawn you sure know how to break an eastern wingless fans heart!

1 member likes this post: Ty
12/11/12, 2:50 PM   #12
Shawn Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidm View Post
Gee Shawn you sure know how to break an eastern wingless fans heart!
Dave, I said mostly not all. Atleast there is a few of you that enjoy real sprint car racing. I guess we are all spoiled back here in the mid west.

12/11/12, 5:17 PM   #13
yeleyfan76

Hey Shawn: keep your comments to yourself. A bad track here is better than no Eastern Storm at all. You guys are spoiled back there. I believe by what I read on this board some nights that a lot of the people in Indiana don't know how good they have it. It is nice to have USAC out here once a year to go along with the multiple trips we make out there. Delaware International Speedway would be perfect for USAC as it is the best prepped track out here. you would be happily surprised.

2 members like this post: berks co, Ty
12/11/12, 5:59 PM   #14
addictedtodirt

I will give some praise to the eastern sprint car fans as the tracks are well attended for the USAC shows. Maybe not as many campers as ISW, but lots of fans turn out. Racers wanna race, and the promoters wouldn't have them back year after year if they didn't turn a profit. Its a win-win for eastern fans and promoters. As for the drivers and their crews, I don't see how they can even cover the cost of the eastern swing.

Posted via Mobile Device

12/11/12, 6:21 PM   #15
Relentless Racing

The Eastern Swing is the most fun part of the year for me and i haven't been able to do it for a while now... Those who get to go, enjoy it. Those who ***** do so on a regular, nothing new there right? Payout is good, fans are spectacular and the atmosphere is electric. Officials are officials take them with a grain of salt, you're there to put on a show for those fans who definitely reward you with T-Shirt purchases and many other perks giving places to stay and work, long drive there and back but while you are there it seems like home, that is a fact!

-Daron Clayton

12/11/12, 9:16 PM   #16
captrat

Selinsgrove would be terrific. Round, short straights, lots of backin' in.

1 member likes this post: erich45
12/11/12, 9:31 PM   #17
c47

unfortunately, the best tracks for wingless out here cant fit enough fans to pay the purse and it certainly wouldnt come from the back gate.
i dont think i would count out NES just yet if bob miller has anything to say about it.
how about 5 nights at lincoln after someone from indy shows the track crew how to do a track for wingless cause putney sure has the clay flying at the early season races.....so he DOES know how....they just gotta let him.
and no one semed to ***** about port.....so give them a show on the way in and a show on the way out......

12/12/12, 12:51 AM   #18
jerseysprintnut

Race Count This Year: 21
Race Count Last Year: 17

Grandview usually puts on a very good USAC show along with ARDC Midgets.

JERSEY

2 members like this post: mowerman, wolfpack58
12/12/12, 8:47 AM   #19
c47

true......wish there were more tracks like the g spot.....hopefully business will continue to be good and we can run the show this year as well as any other usac/ardc shows

12/12/12, 9:04 AM   #20
Ty

Great post Daron. Us east coast fans miss you putting on a show out here. I wish ARDC could work with USAC somehow so that some guys could bring the Sprint Car and the Midget to the east coast.

1 member likes this post: addictedtodirt
Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > First it was Sandy, now its USAC!!!