IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Breaking News....
10/28/12, 10:33 PM   #11
Re: Breaking News....
Danny Burton

....starting my own Indy Car series and hiring Randy Bernard to run it, I'm.....

This news does not give me any pleasure.

Quiet, numbskulls. I'm broadcasting.

5 members like this post: DaveP63, flatout, Jonr, openwheelKT, ronmil
10/28/12, 10:41 PM   #12
Stevensville Mike

Well, on the BRIGHT side......

....oh, wait......there is none. Just when the series was finally starting to head upwards from the Tony George/IRL era.

10/28/12, 11:32 PM   #13
Will Shunk

Having met and talked to Randy often during the past 3 years, I can say he is a real leader and not a politician/puppet. He will bounce back professionally very soon. The same can not be said for IndyCar. I am also afraid that IMS will begin anew its decline that started in the mid 1990s with the retirements of our American racing heroes and stabilized for the moment by the centennial era. I will always support the Indy 500 but the remainder of my IndyCar racing budget will now be placed in my USAC/Indiana non wing budget for 2013. One man's loss is another man's gain. So be it for my disposable 2013 racing dollars. I look forward to seeing more of the Hoosier landscape!

3 members like this post: buck2, dirt330, OTSNWR
10/29/12, 5:19 AM   #14
mr nobody
Banned

What is it about racing organizations located on 16th street in Indianapolis and horrible decisions?

1 member likes this post: JoshCunningham
10/29/12, 8:36 AM   #15
openwheelKT

Race Count Last Year: 73

Go ahead and kiss the small link RB put in place for USAC to the Indy 500 goodbye. BC is in the pipeline so hopefully he can build on last year. I don't see anybody else getting a shot now unless they have a bag of money. People have been screeming for years about short track guys needing a shot. RB listened to that. Guees that fanbase goes back to being ignored again.

Those on 16th street are clueless. Many want to be in charge (or want their guy in charge), but they don't know what they want them to be in charge of. ZERO direction.

7 members like this post: buck2, Danny Burton, duggerdirt44, Gregg, Mud Packer, ronmil, Vukie
10/29/12, 9:59 AM   #16
flatout

This is just sad.

1 member likes this post: mtek56
10/29/12, 10:45 AM   #17
DAD

All family owned business tend to fail after the death of the founder. Tony Hulman had a dream, he had the desire and he had the vision. The kids grow up without those things. When the kids get the business handed to them on a platter, they become arrogant know it all S O B's.

The only chance for "INDY" is if Mom tells her kids to take a hike. Then she sells the company and take it public. All the kids really want is the money, and this way they can have what they want and the business might survive. The kids won't be backbiting one another and everyone might be happy.

Honest Dad himself

1 member likes this post: pjohnson
10/29/12, 11:23 AM   #18
Dez1013

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelKT View Post
Go ahead and kiss the small link RB put in place for USAC to the Indy 500 goodbye. BC is in the pipeline so hopefully he can build on last year. I don't see anybody else getting a shot now unless they have a bag of money. People have been screeming for years about short track guys needing a shot. RB listened to that. Guees that fanbase goes back to being ignored again.

Those on 16th street are clueless. Many want to be in charge (or want their guy in charge), but they don't know what they want them to be in charge of. ZERO direction.
It also took a former sprint car driver to give him a ride in Sarah Fisher. While I want to see the most talented drivers in the world race the 500 its always cool to know you could go to a track on Saturday and meet them in the pits. Many car owners don't want to give these guys a try because they need someone who brings a lot of money. Its sad the state of Indycar and with RB gone I don't see it getting better.

10/29/12, 11:50 AM   #19
Bill Gardner
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAD View Post
All family owned business tend to fail after the death of the founder.
Please forgive me but I hope you're wrong.

3 members like this post: OTSNWR, pjohnson, ronmil
10/29/12, 12:19 PM   #20
captrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallbanger View Post
It is my wish that IndyCar now gets back to their roots-Oval track racing-and quits trying to be something they're not. They now have that chance. Start small, get back to grassroots racing, put on good shows and the fans and sponsors will follow.
Certainly a wish many of us agree upon. The demise of Indy Car racing has been evolving since Brabham brought Cooper climax, the Speedway fell in love with the Lotus, and most importantly when Penske, Patrick and others decided it was too expensive to run a dirt car as part of the National Championship. Even though they all went out and bought Formula 5000 cars for that short lived debacle. The reality is that this part of our sport was given over to rich, sports car types who want the series to be a kind of domestic F1. Our only hope is for us to continue to support our brands and watch as the champagne and cheese types slowly take Indy Car to a place where the free ticket holders discuss their portfolios over brunch as a race car occasionally goes by.

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > Breaking News....