IndianaOpenWheel.com Sprint Car & Midget Racing Forum
Forgot Password?

Reply  Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's left here in the midwest?
10/15/12, 9:13 AM   #1
What's left here in the midwest?
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

Hello race fans,
Just in case, the weather keeps good. Can anybody tell me what is left besides the Kokomo Klash this weekend?
I mean other than Speedrome & Anderson. Of course, none of that will be open wheel. I appreciate any info.
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

10/15/12, 9:32 AM   #2
Re: What's left here in the midwest?
Dez1013

Weather permitting US 24 is running on Saturday

1 member likes this post: Indy1808
10/15/12, 9:35 AM   #3
Andrew S. Quinn

If you want to try something different they are having motorcyle races at Mid America Speedway at the Marion County Fairgrounds on the South East side of Indianapolis on Saturday night.

Its $8 to get in or for $10 you can go out in the pits.

Also running there on Oct 27th
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 10/15/12 at 2:07 PM.

2 members like this post: D.O., Indy1808
10/15/12, 11:34 AM   #4
Tony74

BOSS show at Eldora on the 27th, running wings the next night (don't remeber which group).

Charlestown, IN has the TQ / Sprint show on the 3rd

10/15/12, 12:21 PM   #5
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

MSA Supermodifieds will be at Sandusky Speedway this coming Saturday & Sunday for their season ending show. It will be run in conjunction with the Main Event super late models so there will be some tin tops on the program as well.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

10/15/12, 1:43 PM   #6
koolaid89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Packer View Post
MSA Supermodifieds will be at Sandusky Speedway this coming Saturday & Sunday for their season ending show. It will be run in conjunction with the Main Event super late models so there will be some tin tops on the program as well.
Moler Raceway

11-17-12 4th Annual Coca Cola Turkey Gobbler Mt. Orab Ford Late Models $1500 to Win plus all reg. classes (Rain Date 11-24-12)

2 members like this post: Indy1808, monkeyboy
10/15/12, 1:54 PM   #7
Indy1808

Race Count This Year: 37
Race Count Last Year: 35

I can't seem to find the indoor December date(s) at DuQoin for the powri show? Lil help please?
"Sitting in the Stands " #noteamracing

10/15/12, 2:06 PM   #8
Andrew S. Quinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
I can't seem to find the indoor December date(s) at DuQoin for the powri show? Lil help please?

I believe its December 15th. I was thinking it was the weekend before Christmas,but I think thats to close to Christmas. I'll double check when I get home.

(Hopefully this post doesnt start World War III like last weeks posts about midgets in Illinois did,although that date might conflict with a Christmas tree lighting,or Santa Claus visiting a mall somewhere in Indiana that weekend)
Last edited by Andrew S. Quinn; 10/15/12 at 2:18 PM.

5 members like this post: Indy1808, koolaid89, mowerman, PIT CART, racephoto1
10/15/12, 2:31 PM   #9
ISF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy1808 View Post
Indy, I too noticed the December POWERi race date at Du Quoin was missing from the POWERi website schedule. Sent an e-mail to POWERi asking if it was going to happen this year and they got back to me explaining that they would in fact be racing at Du Quoin on December 15th. They give a reason it wasn't on their schedule but it's been a while back and I can't recall what it was.

One thing is for sure, if this coming December show is anywhere near as good as last years December show and this years September 1st race those attending are in for a real treat. Those two nights racing were close to as good as I've ever seen, indoors or out.

Plus, an added attraction of the December race is the Christmas light show on the Fairgrounds adjacent to the Southern Illinois Center. Whoever puts that deal together really must work hard for weeks prior to it's opening over Thanksgiving Day Weekend.

We happily make the 5 hour drive one way for the racing and the light show. Both are worth every minute and every dollar.

2 members like this post: Indy1808, Mud Packer
10/15/12, 3:48 PM   #10
treecitytornado

The Winged 410 show at Eldora on Sun. Oct 28th is OPEN, I'm pretty sure.

Posted via Mobile Device

Reply Indiana Open Wheel > Indiana Open Wheel Forum > What's left here in the midwest?